03 6.0 wont start hot - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2011, 07:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
03 6.0 wont start hot

I have an 03 6.0 my problems started about 5 days ago it would start fine in the morning when cold just fine but if i tried starting it warm it would take an extra cycle. Now it starts cold but almost refuses when warm. So i tried digging in alittle and noticed the coolant alittle low about a quart then I checked the water seperator and absolutly no water in diesel. I changed the oil and all filters as It was about due, no fix. My air filter is alittle dirty so I checked the air restrictor meter and it was fine but pulled the filter off just to see and still nothing. I have the egr delete kit with 4in exhaust turbo back with air raid intake no tunes at all And i think it still has the head bolts does this sound like h/g's? it started a miss fire on my way home today almost like trying to drive it cold and now it wont start when hot. I dont have any idiot lights and it doesnt really look like discolored smoke when its running. let me know what you think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2011, 12:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'm not showing any oil pressure on the factory gauge when I crank the engine over what shall I try next?
Old 01-28-2011, 12:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Oh and wont fire anymore if that maybe helps
Old 01-28-2011, 01:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Okay I've found that my issues could be the low pressure system. A bad lpop, a oil filter drain vale stuck open, or a bad oil pressure regulator. The question is where do I start troubleshooting those components to see which one it is? Any other help would be great
Old 01-30-2011, 09:57 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

anybody have anything?
Old 01-30-2011, 01:11 PM

Mine did the same turned out to be hpop, had to get it replaced
Old 01-30-2011, 06:30 PM

Check the dummy plug on the rail. U have to take valve cover off for this. Also check the high pressure tube! I had the same problem annd the o-ring on the dummy plig was ripped!
Old 02-10-2011, 02:15 PM
Premium Member

HPOP

There is a ball bearing pressed into the bore of the HPOP. Most likely that ball bearing has popped out causing no low oil pressure or high oil pressure. Need to have the pump replaced most likely, also should peen the ball in the hole on the new pump so the same thing doesnt happen again.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:29 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

What kind of oil filter are you using? You need 5-7 psi low oil pressure to show flow on the dash gauge. Start with the filter drain. Pull the filter after the truck has been sitting for a while. It should be obvious if the drain was stuck or not. Improper filter could cause the drain to be open also. If the needle is not coming up to the normal position and the drain is working it could be the pump or the reg.

I just went through no start issues. I had normal low oil. Replaced the stc,hpop and 2 injectors. Hard starts went on about a year before the dealer could get it right.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:32 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Here is the summary of repairs on the invoice:

66959 CC42 performed visual inspection of the engine and chassi. checked oil level. inspected intake and exhaust for restriction. checked for sufficient clean fuel. performed elec fuel pump pressure test 50 psi. performed koeo p1000. retrieved continous codes p2291. pinpoint test performed koeo injector electric self test pass. performed data list monitor found injector pressure 190 psi eng cranking. r and r the turbo to acess the hi pressure pump test port. Performed air leak test of the hi pressure oil system found air leaking back to the oil cooler and filter. Relpaced the injection pump and retested and found lesser leak in right cyl head tested found air leakin from the 1 and 3 fuel injector. replaced the injectors contact id 104352070 prior approval code paxxu for the injectors retested ok
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.