Not good news today - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2011, 02:54 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry Not good news today

Head shop called today. Cracks in both heads around exhaust valve seats. They said they aren't repairable. 1050 a piece from my dealer so I guess that's what I'm gonna do. I'm sure not buying autozone or napa heads. Mechanic at ford said not to worry about the hpop or sct fitting on this truck. I can't afford to anyway! I'm now at 6 grand in a 13 thousand dollar truck!!! I'm gonna go kick myself now.
Caleb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2011, 02:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

on the bright side, you will have a problem free truck
Old 01-27-2011, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
What year is your truck?
Old 01-27-2011, 04:10 PM

Just pick you a low mileage one up on ebay or some other source. If you can't put it in find you a local shop to do it for you. I just picked one up last week with 22k miles on it that was out of a donor truck that had been smacked from the back. I got it for $3050.....

The estimate to install was $1500 - $2000

Here is one listed right now....

2006 F350 F250 6.0 DIESEL POWERSTROKE ENGINE - eBay (item 120676177559 end time Jan-30-11 06:28:08 PST)
Old 01-27-2011, 04:29 PM

its only money right??

Thanks Jay Yeah I was just really hoping that the heads would be fine and I wasnt lucky today. I spent an hour talking to the local fords senior diesel tech today (in person) and he made me feel a lot better about doing all the repairs and mods that Im in the process of doing right now. He said that by getting new heads and deleting the egr I should be taking a ton of stress off of the new heads. He said I should be just fine with the lower end of the engine and the transmission should last a good long while too. It just really sucks that I really dont have the spare money to be doing the heads too now but I guess I should have been expecting it to begin with.

Goose, the trucks an 04 with a build date of 9-12-03. 124K miles (as a stock truck) Im the only owner. Oil changed every 5K, never hot rodded, only pulled a small tractor and a horse trailer. I posted a few days back all the upgrades Im doing as we speak and now Im adding heads to the list!

Shannon, I thought about that but I feel like Id just be buying someone elses trouble or just time until it happens to the new used one. Im more on the side of since Im keeping the truck and I know what Ive got I might as well suck it up and make it right. I thought real hard about a 7.3 today though....

Thanks for reading,
Caleb
Old 01-27-2011, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I wonder if your mechanic knows that 2004 trucks do not have a STC fitting?
Old 01-27-2011, 06:54 PM

I feel your pain. I threw the towel in last week and got a 2500 chevy gas
Old 01-28-2011, 03:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
try car-part.com i got 06 van 6.0 60 k for 4000 no core only difference is upper and lover oil pan dip stick tube ebp sensor tube and oil housing and fuel lines you can trnsfer those parts from old engine they are between 215 and 235hp but it's not in the internall parts but in the pcm .also try ford onlineparts.com they have heads from 560 -650 888-293-6629
Old 01-29-2011, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleancutt View Post
I feel your pain. I threw the towel in last week and got a 2500 chevy gas
I know where your coming from, i've had over 20g's of warranty work in the past year, just 2 turbos in the past week, plus a wheel bearing. This spring i'm getting rid of the diesel as well they are just money pits.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.