Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

can you bench test a HPOP

34K views 37 replies 3 participants last post by  forddieseldoctor 
#1 ·
i was wondering if theres a test out there to bench test a hpop. i think my went bad last night i went to start the truck and it started up fine was letting it warm up went back out to go home and found that the truck had died. tried restarting and it wouldnt. I am only getting about 175 psi on the icp.

#28 ·
my stand pipes and dummy plugs are all brand new with the updated nylon backers. And when i was test driving the truck i was seeing pressures as high as 2800 2900 psi, at idle my pressures where around 580 600 psi.

#30 ·
that i never checked now when i was cranking it was 84% and with the key on engine off it was 14%.

#32 ·
K i will check that tomorrow then and i will chime back in here with the results. what if it is a different number what would that mean.

#33 ·
Ok my IPR at idle hot was only 30% so it wasn't above 50% now my ICP pressure was 690 going down the road that match my icp desired now when I stepped on the throttle my icp desired would jump up to 3700 3800psi but my icp actual would only go to about 1700psi

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.