p0272 - what else could it be - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2010, 07:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
p0272 - what else could it be

I have been chasing this problem for quite some time. Just when I think something is fixed, I get a code for something else. Started out with idle surging, finally got a p2287 (ICP Sensor). Changed it and thought all was good, no joy. 2 days later started getting a p0272 code. I could clear it but it would come back within a day or two. It would only throw the code when at a stop. Change out the injector. On my post-maintenance run, throws the code again with a brand new injector. I don't think the injector is bad, or was even suspect. Does anyone have any ideas what this could be. Just had it at the dealership for the latest flash update and they could not even get it to throw a code and everything checked good. Compression test, buzz tests, the works showed up good. Does this sound like a FICM or possibly a PCM issue?

Is it possible that my edge evolution CTS could be causing this. I have not heard of the problems the older evolutions had with some trucks, with the newer versions. Any help is appreciated.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2010, 06:59 AM

Old 12-16-2010, 01:28 PM

Well to complicate things, got a P0341 CMP sensor code today also. Could the CMP sensor be causing the p0272? I think I am going to change out the sensor tomorrow anyway and see what happens. Anyone else see or hear of anything like this.

Old 12-17-2010, 12:59 AM

No one has seen anything like this? I am going to take it to the dealership and give them one more try. Hopefully they have more luck.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:07 PM

Replaced the CMP sensor and she seems to be running good, but I haven't driven it that much. I will post back after a little bit more driving. Hoping for the best.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Did the cam postion sensor fix these problems? I have these same two codes P0341 and P0272.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:32 PM

I have not gotten the p0341 back since then, but I continue to get a p0272. With my troubleshooting, found the wiring to the v/r was almost cut through, and the alternator was failing. I don't know if that caused any issues with the FICM or not. I am waiting for my Swamps FICM to come in and see how things go. I needed to swap that out anyway. I just hope that if that is the case it didn't toast that new injector in the #4 hole. Also, I could have just gotten a bad reman injector. Once I install the new FICM I will know which direction to go. I don't feel that I have a base engine problem as the truck runs great for the most part. If it was a base engie problem it would do it all the time. My problems are intermittent. I will let you know how things go. Hopefully get the FICM this weekend.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:47 PM

My 05 throws a 0272 all the time since I upgraded to the swamps ficm. They told me it's because the pcm doesn't recognize the new ficm programming as being correct. No side effects at all, just the code I can't clear. I believe swamps told me to clear it you'd have to have a pcm flash with the new ficm installed, which would allow the two to "mate" up properly. Anyway that's what I recall them telling me.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:05 PM

Are you getting any other indications that you have a faulty injector? Poor fuel milage, etc? I already tried the new flash with my current set up and it didn't work. Does that make sense to anyone else? I thought the beauty of the Swamps FICM is that u just plug and play.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:10 PM

Is your current ficm good
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.