6.0 problem. go figure - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-10-2010, 05:58 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 152
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 problem. go figure

ok so dad has this 06 6.0 and its a farm truck. 4 door sb and its hooked to a 28' flatbed or a cattle trailer (both goosenecks) 75% of the time. he was gonna take my sister to school the other day and it was pretty cold and so he let it run for like 20 mins b4 he left. went about 5-6 miles down the road and it beeped and said check guages and he looks and there was now no oil pressure. the motor made a squeel and the truck stopped and shut off and there was a puddle of oil under it. It still has a warranty on it so we towed it to the dealer and they took it all apart and the oil pump is blown apart (like 4 diffferent pieces) and the timing cover is all cracked. Ford wont cover it due to "hard clutching" im not sure how a person can dump the clutch while driving down a road but they wont cover it. We were quoted like 3 grand to fix it and dad talked to sum guy from ford and they argued and wont send anyone to inspect it or anything because its not a manufacturers defect. WTF DO WE DO!!!!?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 12-10-2010, 06:11 AM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NWI
Posts: 909
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hard clutching? Sounds like BS to me. More like failure of an "internally lubricated part." I would go in there and raise Hell!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 12-10-2010, 06:13 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit


 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Trempealeau, WI
Posts: 31,056
Thanks: 111
Thanked 95 Times in 87 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Bull****. Talk to the manager on that

Hard clutching my ***
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 12-10-2010, 06:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 309
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wouldnt they have to prove it somehow being that they are denying a warranty claim?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 12-10-2010, 06:41 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 152
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Does anyone have a number to call because we talked to someone in engineering and they wont budge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 12-10-2010, 07:02 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 309
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauer View Post
Does anyone have a number to call because we talked to someone in engineering and they wont budge

Ill refrain from telling you to search for it yourself next time. Took me about 30 seconds on Ford - Cars, SUVs, Trucks & Crossovers | Ford Vehicles

Here ya go. https://www.flmowner.com/servlet/Con...rrantyInfoPage

Click on where it says warranty guide, looks like front page has phone numbers and page 7-9 has info on what is not covered under warranty. looks like you just have a PITA dealer

Last edited by Chango; 12-10-2010 at 07:05 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 12-10-2010, 07:06 AM
Carbon huffing animal
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Knox Vegas, TN
Posts: 1,981
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What a bunch of horse dookey! I can't believe this.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 12-10-2010, 07:34 AM
Slacker



 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Surprise, Arizona
Posts: 17,044
Thanks: 13
Thanked 39 Times in 31 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Ill refrain from telling you to search for it yourself next time. Took me about 30 seconds on Ford - Cars, SUVs, Trucks & Crossovers | Ford Vehicles

Here ya go. https://www.flmowner.com/servlet/Con...rrantyInfoPage

Click on where it says warranty guide, looks like front page has phone numbers and page 7-9 has info on what is not covered under warranty. looks like you just have a PITA dealer
Relax, bud. While it is sometimes annoying and redundant, we don't beat people up for asking questions even if they have been asked (and answered) over and over again. We all started out somewhere learning about these things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 12-10-2010, 07:55 AM
Powerstroke Techie

 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,584
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauer View Post
ok so dad has this 06 6.0 and its a farm truck. 4 door sb and its hooked to a 28' flatbed or a cattle trailer (both goosenecks) 75% of the time. he was gonna take my sister to school the other day and it was pretty cold and so he let it run for like 20 mins b4 he left. went about 5-6 miles down the road and it beeped and said check guages and he looks and there was now no oil pressure. the motor made a squeel and the truck stopped and shut off and there was a puddle of oil under it. It still has a warranty on it so we towed it to the dealer and they took it all apart and the oil pump is blown apart (like 4 diffferent pieces) and the timing cover is all cracked. Ford wont cover it due to "hard clutching" im not sure how a person can dump the clutch while driving down a road but they wont cover it. We were quoted like 3 grand to fix it and dad talked to sum guy from ford and they argued and wont send anyone to inspect it or anything because its not a manufacturers defect. WTF DO WE DO!!!!?????
It is quite possible a roller lifter let go, spitting the needle bearings through to the crankcase, getting sucked through the oil pickup (which WILL pass through) and take out the oil pump like you describe, in the process. Were photos of the damage even taken? Although I haven't come across this particular issue myself YET, I have heard that damaged cam lobe(s)/lifter(s) on these engines will make a squeeling/sqeaking type noise like you describe. For $3000, it sounds like they are only quoting a repair to replace the engine front cover and possibly the oil cooler. The biggest million dollar question is WHAT let go to destroy the oil pump? The reason I say this, is because low pressure pump failures are relatively seldom. When they claim "dumping the clutch", I assume that this truck is equipped with a manual transmission which, even if the clutch were to be dumped, I would tend to believe the clutch assembly would grenade before the engine would, but that's just my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 12-10-2010, 07:57 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ramer,TN
Posts: 751
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sounds like a service mgr. has had a but chewing and is trying to get out of any more warranty work before the end of the year. I'd call the district mgr and work my way to the top. I've never heard of "hard clutching" as an issue, arent they all hydraulic clutches now anyway???? Even if you matted it and dumpped the clutch you would have driveline issues not oil pump problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors