'05 F250 6.0 no oil flow/ pressure - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2010, 05:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
'05 F250 6.0 no oil flow/ pressure

truck died after warm restart. no oil pressure on idiot gauge on long crank. Ran other tests as found here. pulled oil filter good crank no oil flow. plenty of oil in the engine.
Anything else I can check before LPOP repair? how do you check the pressure regulator thats next to the LPOP?
Anything appreciated...barn floor is cold and I don't like keeping the horses company.
Fuel pump couple weeks old, HPOP 1 yr old, FICM 13 months old, just saying
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2010, 05:43 PM
Premium Member

I read somewhere on here earlier that there is a check valve in the oil filter housing. Someone removed theirs and it caused a lack of oil pressure. I don't know if that is your problem.
Don't know if a blown stc fitting will cause no base oil pressure.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Premium Member

Here it is...

Wierd but disturbingly true engine trouble!
Old 12-09-2010, 05:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I just posted to that asking how to keep it from happening.
I don't think anything HP would stop flow on base OP...but thats why I'm here. Thanks for the consideration
Old 12-10-2010, 08:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
pull off low pressure oil pump and inspect, you will find that it is chewed up from either needle bearings from a lifter or c-clips from the top of and injector.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

okay folks.. OP regulator came out and looks good...LPOP nothing notably bad...replaced both anyway...still no flow/pressure
Will the oil pan come out without jacking the engine? Anybody know of pickup tube falling off or something like that?
Old 12-11-2010, 07:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

not sure if u said what year ur engine is. i have an '05. no base oil pressure. took OP regulator out @ OP. thats rite next 2 crank pully. sonds like uv already had it out. cranked engine over and no oil puked on floor. i had same thot as u, wondered if had sump trouble. took oil pump out since thot it looked eazier than removin pan. front cover was scarred bad. was needles from the roller lifters. did pricin, was gonna cost me in just parts 80% of price of a long block that comes with all xcept turbo, egr cooler, wire harness. mine has 2yr waranty. parts & labour. i did install my self. since then i found out from my ford dude that he gets paid 0.8 hrs 2 replace an oil pan on r trucks. u do have 2 jack up engine but he said the motor mount studs wont totaly clear crossmember holes. sorry 4 possible bad news but i spent 2 much time tryin 2 diagnos so hope this helps. 1 of the other guys said same thing in answer 2 u. by the way i had 2 use my warranty within 2 wks of havin it runnin. wasnt happy
Old 12-12-2010, 07:05 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I put it all back together with new LPOP and regulator and tried it without satisfaction.
There is no oil at all at the regulator bore other than assembly lube. Just haven't gotten to pullin the pan but I know thats what I gotta do next. Hopefully the dip tube will be laying in the pan. There was no air noticable in the oil prior, so I'm thinking that it isn't just an O ring
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffrsi For This Useful Post:
Sauceda (03-24-2014)
Old 12-12-2010, 09:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Subscribed... this is interesting. I would like to know what you find...
Old 12-12-2010, 01:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrsi View Post
I put it all back together with new LPOP and regulator and tried it without satisfaction.
There is no oil at all at the regulator bore other than assembly lube. Just haven't gotten to pullin the pan but I know thats what I gotta do next. Hopefully the dip tube will be laying in the pan. There was no air noticable in the oil prior, so I'm thinking that it isn't just an O ring
did u look @ the LPOP cover & the front cover when u had it apart? the scoring if any will b between the 2 large oval holes in the front cover. kinda hard 2 c in there. it really don't take much of a scar. if u want here is 2 other suggestions. add oil till the level is higher than the top of the LPOP then crank it with the oil filter out. this will eliminate sump. 2nd is drain oil & use benda lite thru drain hole 2 see. a bent screwdriver or 90 degree pick shud easily touch it & move it around if its loose. sump is rite @ drain hole
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.