Trouble Code P0262 Cylinder 1 Injector Circuit High - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2007, 02:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Trouble Code P0262 Cylinder 1 Injector Circuit High

Hello again,

I wrote a couple weeks ago that my engine doesn t run smooth anymore.
Now I found a ford dealership over in Germany and they were able to plug it into their scan tools.
It showed the Code P0262. What do I have to replace and how do I do it. Does anyone has a guide so I can do it step by step?

Thanks for your help!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2007, 04:38 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
My Online Store

Go to this site and try the Hot Shot Secret. I don't sell it and I don't make anything from it and I don't want trouble for posting this, but this stuff has been tested by some tough motorscooters and if it doesn't help your injector then you'll have to replace it. It has rejuvinated some really crappy injectors when the only other alternative is replacing them. Get in touch with Chris Gabe--he's the guy that engineers it and it isn't 100% but it works dang good. It's sure worth spending $50 bucks vs. 250+ for an injector and it just goes in instead of 2 qts of oil. Good luck.

After reading the 6.0 Bible I see it may be an injector coil for which there isn't a fix except to replace the whole injector. Usually a 2-4 hour job as the injectors are under the valve covers--this one being the passenger side front which isn't awfully bad to get to. Maybe one of our friendly Tech's will show up and they can give you some details on how to change it. You're definitely in a tough spot for sure. Do you have any diesel experience or do you have a diesel tech that can assist you?

Last edited by npccpartsman; 06-28-2007 at 04:44 PM.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:04 AM

oooo thats a circuit code. you will have to remove the boost tube, 11mm nuts loosen, over the passanger side valve cover. then remove the glow plug module and bracket, 10mm nuts 6 total i think. then remove the nut for the tranny dipstick tube and move it out the way. remove the valve cover, 12mm bolts and studs,be patient for those 2 bolts at the evaporator case can be a pain. now with the valve cover removed, you will see either 2, allen plugs or 2, 1/2 drive plugs. the one at the rear isthe oil supply tube and if it is 1/2 drive, then you can leave it alone, but if it is allen (hex), then you have to remove both of them. also if it is allen then it make come out in a long tube that you will have to seperate so you can get the rail out, just wipe it off and you will see the split. be careful as there are orings on this tube and on the plug you have to be carefull with. now remove the 9 t-30 bolts that hold the oil rail down and then remove the oil rail with a little help from a screwdriver or prybar of some sort. then remove the injector with a long t-40 or t-45 bit ( depending on what year ) and as you unscrew the injector will come out.

now, if the injector is in two pieces you have a bigger problem. i have seen two issues with circuit codes that are more common than just a bad solenoid. i have sen them break in half, and i have seen the nut come off the solenoid. either can cause a later issue IF the pieces ever make it to your oil pump. if you see nothing wrong with the injector, then replace it with a new one, lubricate the orings with clean oil, reinstall with hand tools and torque to 35Nm. the reinstall everything and welcome to what i do for a living.

now if the injecot is broke in half, then get a oil rail for it as well because the nipples will loosen up and under high pressure flex to much and snap off the top of the injector. if you just replace the injector, chances are it will happen again. also inspect the o-rings on the plug and oil supply tube. if any are questionable or damaged then you also need to replace the oil rail due to a bad machine surface. good luck. i know this is long winded but i tried to tell you everything i can.

Last edited by bowtiehatr; 06-30-2007 at 05:12 AM.
Old 07-01-2007, 04:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Hi guys,

thanks a lot for your answers. I think I will try the Hot Shot Secret stuff first. Does anyone else has expierences with it??
Old 07-01-2007, 04:34 PM

hot shot wont work with an electrical problem.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:50 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yup--as BTH said it's an electrical problem not a mechanical problem with the injector and the HSS won't work at all. He's given you a really good tutorial on how to get the injector out and back in so take his advice to heart. He's a darn good tech.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ok, good to know. I will try to get the injector on warranty because the truck ran only 19k till now. Yes, thanks again bowtiehatr for the instruction how to change it!!!!
I live in Germany so it will take some time to get the injector from my dealer in the US.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.