Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Oil cooler

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  SixStringMadness 
#1 ·
last Monday the oil cooler took a dump on my 03 filling a 4 or 5 month old degas bottle with oil.
In my search for someone to do the egr delete and new oil cooler I am coming across prices from $900 to $3000.
The highest being the bullet proof diesel oil cooler and delete.This price didn't include new oil and coolant.
The second highest a local place claims they get their delete directly from International and won't do the work unless I purchase the entire cooler not just the rebuild parts.
I had a friend that works at International check into the egr delete.He couldn't find their part number so he called the place to get it.The service guy then tells him it's aftermarket they pay $400 for and they just tell customers they get it from International.This is a part they want to charge me $1400 for and throw in $760 more for the oil cooler.(I have written these guys off completely.Dishonesty and price gouging just because they think they can will never earn my business.)
The local Ford dealership quoted me $1300 and that's with them installing an egr delete that I provide.I will have to pay extra for the elc coolant.
I talked to another F250 owner tonight who had his oil cooler/egr delete done 2 months ago in a town 30 miles away for $900 with the egr delete,elc coolant and all new oil.

I will be going to see the $900 shop tomorrow to see what kind of warranty they offer on the work it it's all legit they will more than likely get my business.If not the Ford dealership in Tifton,Ga will be doing the work.Definitely not the turbo diesel performance shop in Tifton,Ga that lies and price gouges.

See less See more
#2 ·
The cheapest I have found parts has been $415 on ebay for the oil cooler and egr delete together. Add $60-100 for an oil change and $60 for some ELC. That is around $575 for parts only. $325 in labor isn't too bad. It is pretty easy to do yourself if you have some basic tools and warm garage for an afternoon. Just a thought..

#3 ·
I have considered doing it myself,but don't have a shop to use.
MKM(sinister) has the delete,new oil cooler,apr head studs,gaskets for $1349 and I saw it some where else for $1099 I am giving those kits some serious thought.

#4 ·
The local dealer said they only way they would warranty the oil cooler from MKM was with a reciept from Ford.I called MKM(Sinister) today and asked would they be able to provide that even though they would warranty the parts.
I wanted to make sure the dealer would handle the labor warranty if the new oil cooler puked within a year.MKM said they would gladly forward a reciept to the dealer so I would be covered on all bases. That's customer service at it's best IMHO.

#5 ·
BD or Sinister egr delete is there a preference among the members here.For some reason the service guy at the dealership is pushing the BD delete.
There are currently 7 trucks ahead of mine so I am talking to other shops now since everyday the truck sits it costs me money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.