P0300 DTC. Random misfire multiple cylinders - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2010, 09:23 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
P0300 DTC. Random misfire multiple cylinders

Yesterday, the check engine light came on in my truck, and I was a little confused since everything seems to have been running fine. The only problems recently were dying batteries, and I replaced those this week with some red top optimas.

I was getting ready to pick the boat up out of the water when the light came up. Checked it this morning on the SCT and it is a P0300 - rndm mult cyl msfr.

I searched the forum and only a few people seemed to have picked that one up, with no resolutions posted. The internet doesn't help much as I get a lot of gas-engine results.

Truck runs fine, and I cleared the code. I'll see if it comes back. What are the symptoms of a misfire on a diesel engine? It doesn't seem to make much sense...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2010, 12:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
You will most likely have a lack of power, and you may also feel it missing. P0300 is a wierd one on a 6.0L, when have you changed your fuel filters last? What about your oil? It may be your FICM. Just throwing ideas out there. I work on these all day long and have only seen 1 with that code, but it also had another cyl contribution code.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:19 PM
Premium Member

Yeah that was the only DTC that showed. Definitely did not feel a lack of power. I was towing my boat home for about an hour at 60mph with no change in how the truck felt.

FICM was replaced about a year ago at the dealer, fuel filters changed ~15,000 miles ago, and oil changed ~3000 miles ago.

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the EGR. I've done nothing with it.

I cleared the code and drove around a little today without it coming back. Maybe it was just an odd fluke.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Yeah it may be just a fluke, but it does take quite a while for the PCM to set a misfire code, so keep driving it for like a week and see what happens and let me know, I'm interested.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:15 PM
Premium Member

A little update on this.... I keep resetting the DTC but this keeps popping up every other time I start afterward. Sometimes it is only the P0300, sometimes it shows up along with a P0306 for that cylinder. Still no noticeable lack of power, but the darn thing keeps showing up!
Old 12-20-2010, 09:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
mine did this and had to change the cam sensor, and it went away, the code came up after only a few minutes of driving after cleared. I also changed the ficm about 2 weeks later
Old 12-22-2010, 01:31 PM
Premium Member

Thanks for the update. How involved is the cam sensor replacement? Hope its not the ficm again, that was just done a year ago.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Its pretty easy. take the belt off, go from the bottom drivers side and take the three bolts off the power steering pump and move it to the side, there is a wire behind it that leads to the sensor, its hard to see but one bolt holds it in on the top, its a 10mm or 12mm i believe, its pretty simple, except mud kept falling on my face, that made mine take longer
Old 11-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Premium Member

My truck has the same issue. P0300 code after start every other day and so and then also a P0307 (I think) code which is cylider #7 misfire. I'll try the cam sensor.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I just had p0300 and p0306 come up. I just cleard em going to run truck. Any other ideas? 2weeks ago the egr valve and the fuels pressure regulator were changed.

2006 f250 6.0 diesel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.