The Saga Continues - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2010, 11:46 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The Saga Continues

Well, after breaking down 600 miles from home a few months ago. Failed EGR Cooler and Oil Cooler replaced under warranty. Then having the turbo stick along with three bad injectors, repaired under warranty. I noticed that I was eating coolant. Dealer just advised it needs head gaskets and waiting on Ford to approve the repairs.

Don't get me wrong I love the truck, but it spends more time in the shop than in my driveway. I hope that this will be the end of the story, but The CPO warranty and the Ford Diesel Care sure have paid for themself. I would guess that the bills out of pocket would have been 8-10K if I had not been covered. From my experience if you can get a Ford warranty on your truck, you would be crazy not to have it!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2010, 11:50 AM

Do you know if we can get an extended warranty. I have left multiple messages with my dealer about this and I cant get anyone to respond. Just about to roll 93k and getting nervous.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:51 AM

Hope they cover the repair. While they're in there, you should see if they would put in a new STC fitting. It would be a really good time to do it even if you had to pay for it out of pocket.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twotonevert View Post
Do you know if we can get an extended warranty. I have left multiple messages with my dealer about this and I cant get anyone to respond. Just about to roll 93k and getting nervous.
I worked for a large Ford store for several years as a sales manager, and to my knowledge there are no Ford warranties that you can get when you pass the 36k/3year unless it is a CPO (Certifed Pre Own) sold by a ford dealer and you have to upgrade the warranty when you buy the truck.

Don't buy one of these non ford warranties, unless it's Easy Care. There not worth the paper there on!!
Old 11-30-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nylyon View Post
Hope they cover the repair. While they're in there, you should see if they would put in a new STC fitting. It would be a really good time to do it even if you had to pay for it out of pocket.
STC fitting????
Old 11-30-2010, 12:09 PM

Snap To Connect, it's a fitting on the HPOP (High Pressure Oil Pump) which is a common failure point on the 05's. I don't believe that it's expensive, but the labor involved to replace it would be. Getting to the point to replace the head gaskets, it's well worth the cost to replace this component. If it fails you'll likely be walking home that evening.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAW-DOG View Post
I worked for a large Ford store for several years as a sales manager, and to my knowledge there are no Ford warranties that you can get when you pass the 36k/3year unless it is a CPO (Certifed Pre Own) sold by a ford dealer and you have to upgrade the warranty when you buy the truck.

Don't buy one of these non ford warranties, unless it's Easy Care. There not worth the paper there on!!
Thank you. I have looked at different kinds of extended warranties and they want rediculous prices for them. Havent seen Easy Care. I will look them up.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAW-DOG View Post
Wrong. Ford has an extended service plan for 7 years and 200k miles it only covers certain components. You have to purchase it within your 5 year 100k miles . Heres the link to it on Fords site and the info on it. Go to ford.com and click on the warranty section on the bottom, then click on the diesel care on the right side

Link ----> DieselEngineCARE Ford Extended Service Plans | FLMowner.com

Extended Service Plans for Super Duty Vehicles with Power Stroke® Engines

Diesel EngineCARE* 4.5-, 6.0-, 6.7- and 7.3-liter

7-Year/200,000-Mile Coverage 13 Covered Components:

Internal Lubricated Parts
Cylinder Block
Cylinder Heads
Oil Pump
Timing Chain Cover
Timing Chain (Gears or Belt)
Turbocharger (Factory-Installed)
Cylinder Head Gasket
Crankcase Oil Cooler
EGR Cooler
Fuel Injection Pump
Fuel Injection Regulator
Fuel Injectors
Must be purchased within 5-year/100,000-mile Diesel Power Stroke® Warranty

Diesel EngineCARE Plus* 4.5-, 6.0-, 6.7- and 7.3-liter

7-Year/200,000-Mile Coverage 21 Covered Components:

Internal Lubricated Parts
Cylinder Block
Cylinder Heads
Oil Pump
Timing Chain Cover
Timing Chain (Gears or Belt)
Turbocharger (Factory-Installed)
Thermostat
Thermostat Housing
Water Pump
Fuel Injectors
Flywheel
Manifold (Exhaust and Intake)
Manifold and Bolts
Oil Pan
Seals and Gaskets**
Valve Covers
Crankcase Oil Cooler
EGR Cooler
Fuel Injection Pump
Fuel Injection Pressure Regulator
Must be purchased within 3-year/36,000-mile Bumper-to-Bumper New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Diesel EngineCARE* and Diesel EngineCARE Plus* both feature:

$0 Deductible

Roadside Assistance Benefits:

Flat-tire change
Battery jump starts
Towing when the vehicle is disabled (limited to one tow per disablement) up to $100
Lockout assistance
Out-of-fuel assistance – delivery of up to five (5) gallons of diesel fuel
Travel expense reimbursement up to $500 for up to three days lodging, meals and rental vehicle for travel expenses accrued when the breakdown occurs 100 miles or more from home
Destination assistance covers taxi, shuttle or rental car expense up to $75 for emergency transportation to the immediate destination
Call 1-800-241-3673 to obtain roadside service from Cross Country® Motor Club, Inc. membership
†Cross Country® Motor Club, Inc., of Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon, Wisconsin and Wyoming.

Coverage Includes:

Repair or replacement of covered components for the time and mileage period you select. Parts and labor are included
Failure of covered components due to normal wear, mechanical breakdowns, and repairs caused by defective material or workmanship of covered components are included
Coverage expires at the number of months or miles purchased from the warranty start date or zero miles, whichever comes first
Transferable Rental Benefits:

$30/day for up to 10 days
Enhanced Rental Option – Up to $75/day rental allowance for a maximum of 10 days
*Surcharge for ambulance/tow truck/shuttle (specialty)

**Includes cylinder head gasket

DieselEngineCARE is only available from your dealer. Locate a Dealer
Old 11-30-2010, 01:57 PM

Chango

You may be correct as my truck was 15 days past the 5 yr mark when I purchased it. I diid a check of what warranties I could buy and the ford site said none. I lucked out though as mine had diesel care already and I paid the $50.00 to tranfer it to me. I ended up with 6yrs/100k on the powertrain as it was a CPO, and 7yrs/200k on the engine with the diesel care.

For the price I gave. it has been well worth twice the moneies I paid!!!
Old 11-30-2010, 03:56 PM

Nice, it for sure can payoff for someone that needs it. Glad you had it, I was right at that point and decided against it since it only added 2 years. If anyone does go for it, its the same thing as a car you can haggle and talk them down way less than what they list the plan for.
In twotones case this is what he is looking for, a little peace of mind. Twotone dont go for the first 3 prices they give you. when I called about it I had them down $500 within 10 minutes or so lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.