Trouble shooting question? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2010, 07:11 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Trouble shooting question?

?Ok, I know this might sound stupid but I have to ask. If you had a potential issue with Injector, FICM etc. etc. would the little wrench or check engine light come on? I am planning on getting a scan tool as I let my last one go with my truck I just sold. But would you just get codes on the injectors, or FICM or would you get the light on the dash? I don't have any thing showing as far as a check engine light.

2005 6.0 Automatic. Having cold start issues, and the trans doesn't want to shift while it's cold. It's like the engine isn't creating enough torque and it's stuttering. Once it warms up it drives fine.

Thought about just bringing it into the dealer as I am sure they have far more advanced scanning equipment than I can get. Should I or shouldn't I?

Is this Auto ingenuity worth it? Or should I just bring it into a dealer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2010, 03:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Sounds like stiction

Sounds like you have stiction problems. First, plug the block heater in if you have one. It helps a lot.

Second, I dont' think the stiction will throw a code and will run terrible when cold. In fact, they sometimes run terrible until within a few degrees of normal operating temp.

Third, if you are talking about an OBD II scanner you get at autozone, it won't show you much. A lot in here go and get the autoenginuity laptop scanner or something similar. You can do a lot with that.

Back to the problem. I was having pretty bad stiction when cold. Same symptoms as yours. Block heater helped some. Used some Rev-x and it helped a lot. Cured about 80-85% on day one and it has been getting a little better. I plan on trying the rotella 5t to see if it will cure the rest. There are several threads talking about the 5T.

Good luck
Old 11-29-2010, 07:14 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by divotf15 View Post
Sounds like you have stiction problems. First, plug the block heater in if you have one. It helps a lot.

Second, I dont' think the stiction will throw a code and will run terrible when cold. In fact, they sometimes run terrible until within a few degrees of normal operating temp.

Third, if you are talking about an OBD II scanner you get at autozone, it won't show you much. A lot in here go and get the autoenginuity laptop scanner or something similar. You can do a lot with that.

Back to the problem. I was having pretty bad stiction when cold. Same symptoms as yours. Block heater helped some. Used some Rev-x and it helped a lot. Cured about 80-85% on day one and it has been getting a little better. I plan on trying the rotella 5t to see if it will cure the rest. There are several threads talking about the 5T.

Good luck
I planned on switching the oil, and I will try Rev-X. If that doesn't do it I guess I will be investing in Auto enginuity.
Thanks,
Old 11-29-2010, 07:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I would go with the stiction.. I have the same problem in the mornings... just changed to the T5 and that seems to help..
Old 11-29-2010, 08:07 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Just ordered this Rev X stuff after reading up on it.

question is I just had a oil change, well the dealer changed it for me. Should I just try the Rev X (oil has maybe 500 miles on it), or go ahead and change to the Rotella? I'm thinking adding the rev x to the oil in the truck. Any insight to this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.