06 6.0 blowing blue smoke - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2010, 09:35 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
06 6.0 blowing blue smoke

i just picked up an 2006 a few weeks ago and traded my 04 hd... well i got kinda screwed because i thought for sure the 06 would have warranty. i should have checked but it was a spur of the moment buy... another guy had 8 thousand cash to put down so i had to make my decision then and there.

any ways it a 2006 f350 lifted 6.0 bone STOCK besides the lift and tires...

the truck had 4 injectors replaced at 69000 and i bought the truck with 70000 i ran an oasis..

well the truck is blowing blue smoke ever time i start it when is cold at idle... when i warms up it will go away.. but if the engine is warm and you rev it to 3000 rpm and hold it there for a few seconds it will pour out pure blue smoke... pretty thick. it will not smoke with a load on it. any rpm

the amazing thing is that the injectors sound healthier than my 04 an the truck has lots of power and no misfire.. it runs perfect.

i guessing it needs the other 4 injectors but idk.. my main question is,, am i going to mess it up driving it around like this for a few weeks or will it be ok.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2010, 10:18 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
8oz. of Rev-x and switching to T6 5w-40 Rotella cleared it right up for me. The previous owner ever change the oil?
Old 11-20-2010, 10:57 AM

idk trucks form northern Wisconsin... i changed the oil yesterday to Mobil1 5-40 synthetic no rev x tho... it dose seem a bit better but not much, but the truck smokes when warm too like lots when you rev it up with no load... really think its an injector stiction problem?... seems like its on the fuel side.. smells like real rich diesel in the smoke...
Old 11-20-2010, 11:22 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Blue smoke is usually oil. Rev-x is cheap compared to injectors do a search on here about others who have used it with similar problems to yours. Mine would blow blue untill warm and switching to the synthetic and adding rev-x cleared it up within the first 100 miles. You might also want to check your to see if your turbo is leaking oil, pulling your down pipe is an easy way to check.
Old 11-21-2010, 05:33 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I would check your turbo to see if it is leaking oil. That's exactly what mine is doing and now I'm waiting on my Powermax!
Old 04-05-2011, 01:45 PM
Serving Our Country!

do the powermaxes have the same issues as the stock turbos (sticking vanes, blowing seals)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.