Multiple issues with my new 6.0 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2005, 05:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Multiple issues with my new 6.0

I have a 05 CC F350 dually with the auto trans...I installed a Juice box, 5" exhaust, and AFE air box at 200 miles. This past weekend I was pulling my other truck to a show 300 miles north and 1/4 of a mile from my house I blew the intake tube off of it, making a nice dent in the hood; and I had it down on stock. I put it back on and it made it another 130 miles before it blew again, this time at the intercooler below the air box. I noticed right before it blew that she was pulling really hard and showed 32 psi of boost on my guage. I dropped the trailer and bobtailed 35 miles back to the nearest dealer. They replaced the hose assembly with the updated aluminum one. I went about my business, but noticed that even in cruise it would pulse every so often and the tranny seemed to be slipping. I took it up the road about an hour ago and turned the box all the way up to see what it would do, and its not even half of what it used to do, and that was only 9000 miles ago. I pulled the juice box off of it just now and am pondering taking it to the dealer tomorrow. I am just wondering if anyone else has had this scenerio and what remedied the problem. I would think it different had I just put the upgrades on it, but since they were installed so early, I doubt that is the problem. And to make things worse, this is the first load I hauled. I am kicking myself right now for selling my 7.3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2005, 04:49 AM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
WELCOME Regan!
I've read where a few people have had the problem with the hose coming off too. It was something as I recall with a clamp and the dealers were aware of it and would replace it with a better one. I need to check mine out.
As far as the performance issue I'm not sure. Maybe someone on here running a setup similar could chime in. I think it's probably just a minor issue - although a PITA for you right now and once it's corrected you'll enjoy you're 6.0 like the rest of us.

NOT that there is a problem with the 7.3 you guys!
Old 09-28-2005, 09:50 AM
Vinyl Sticker Guy

No, there has never been a problem with the 7.3L ever, you are correct
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.