Where is the ICP Sensor located? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2006, 03:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Where is the ICP Sensor located?

Cant seem to find the ICP sensor any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

F-250
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2006, 03:28 PM
Banned

back of the motor....under the Y pipe.....almost unaccesable....in order to access it you have to go from under the truck...take off the heat shield between the Y pipe and the block (2 10mm bolts and 1 13mm bolt).....see the Tech Files area and there is a picture......Marc
Old 04-01-2006, 03:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks Marf I was afraid of that. Do you think I could change the connector.
Old 04-01-2006, 03:39 PM
Banned

you need to take the air cleaner and intake, coolant jug, and the FICM (fuel injector controll module) that is located on the drivers side valve cover off......then carefully get the ICP disconnected (there are two sensors....you want to disconnect the smaller one that DOESNT have a wire tab on the connector)....then pull it out towards the front of the vehicle.....change the connector (make sure to solder or crimp VERY tightly witht he solderless non insulated connectors and use real heat shrink tubing...and dont forget to put the heat shrink on the wire BEFORE you connect the ends together...dont laugh...weve all done it).....then getting it re connected is the pain....also make sure to wrap all the excess wire very well together with electrical tape and secure it so it cant rub.........Marc
Old 04-01-2006, 03:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Marc,

I think I will give it a shot it is cheaper than letting the dealar attck the problem I aleady have the parts. Unfornately I thought the sensor in front of the oil dipstick was the sensor, it is the some exhaust sensor. Would you tackle it? I am a mechnic just want to make sure there are not special tools i have to buy. lol.
Thanks Marc!
Old 04-01-2006, 03:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gairk
Marc,

I think I will give it a shot it is cheaper than letting the dealar attck the problem I aleady have the parts. Unfornately I thought the sensor in front of the oil dipstick was the sensor, it is the some exhaust sensor. Would you tackle it? I am a mechnic just want to make sure there are not special tools i have to buy. lol.
Thanks Marc!
no special tools required.....its time concuming and frustrating....and sometimes getting both the releases on the three FICM connectors to release at the same time is tough.....but if it was my truck and i knew i could get it all back together (its all basic parts) i would do it...just remember to put gold coolant back in her and not green.....and only fill it to the bottom of the cold fill range.......Marc
Old 04-01-2006, 03:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks Marc I am going for it. I am on vacation all week it will be my project. I will keep you updated and might ask you questions from time to time.
Gairk
Old 04-01-2006, 03:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gairk
Thanks Marc I am going for it. I am on vacation all week it will be my project. I will keep you updated and might ask you questions from time to time.
Gairk
please....let me know how it goes or you....it is still easier to take that heat shield off and disconnect and connect the connector from underneath, just reaching over the left side of the trans....but after that you should be able to do the splice from above........and ask away if you need any help.......Marc
Old 04-01-2006, 05:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks bud!
Old 04-03-2006, 06:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Marc,

Got her a little improvising with a hanger and off she went. I also found oil all over the connector. The sensor is leaking. Now how the heck do I get that out. It seems to me that my girl will be doing some wrenching. Or the turbo and the intake has to come off. Please advise!
Thanks

Kraig
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.