EGR fix, good or bad - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2010, 09:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
EGR fix, good or bad

I unpluged my egr and the truck runs great now but will there be proulblems down the road with the cooler. Or should I play it safe and put on the egr delete kit. Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2010, 09:48 AM
Premium Member

Delete it. The problems with the egr valve itself is that it gets gunked up and starts sticking. You still have that dreaded egr cooler in place which directs exhaust to the intake. The egr cooler is prone to fail and will cause lots of other problems.
Dump and run... Delete that thing. FCDP has a sweet setup (kinda expensive but you get a solidly welded intake with no chance of leaks. Downside to that is if you ever have to pass an emissions test, you will need your egr valve. RCD, Sinister are pretty much the same thing.. Any are effective and 1000% better than the egr system.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thats what I was figuring, just hate to spend 450 on a piece of pipe and some plates. But with a new egr being about 380 its worth it. Thanks for your opinion. Steve O
Old 03-16-2010, 02:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

there are around 250 on ebay! do some shopping before you buy
Old 03-16-2010, 03:33 PM

Its looking like I am about to do the EGR delete and probably a head gasket(even though its not blown) and head studs. I am then eyeing a big air intake and a nice exhaust. This should be enough for now...But back to the EGR problem, I am looking at FCDP, Sinister, and BD...I am right in the boat with o.c on this one
Old 03-16-2010, 07:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Which of the three is the best one to go with or are they all about the same. I am new to the 6.0 and am trying to do as much prevenitive maintainence as I can and this is number one of what i'm sure is many I will be doing.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:46 PM
Now I'm Strokin6.4Liters

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Definitely delete it. I bought the FCDP full delete and even though it is a little pricey I feel like it is the best kit on the market. If you are going to keep your truck for a while then i think that a couple hundred more is not much for the reliability.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:15 AM
Premium Member

First Coast Diesel Performance is the better of the three just because it eliminates the possibility of oring failure. All the others use plates with orings to block the emtpy holes in the intake and FCDP welds them up. Theirs are $630, which is about half of what it was a year ago. As far as being effective....they all do the same thing, and RCD (which is what I have) and Sinister Diesel are copycats of each other and can be had for less that $300. Check ebay..
Old 04-21-2010, 03:56 AM
Premium Member

They also have this.. FCDP EGR Block Off with Cap. Is that anygood? or should i just go with the full Delete?
Old 04-21-2010, 04:05 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Abrannan19
yep the block off pipe is half of the full EGR delete, you cant go wrong with it.

Thanks guys for the good info posted here on our delete kits, if you need anymore info, please feel free to ask.

Adam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.