Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Tech question

882 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Stan's 04 
#1 ·
I was told by a dealer that my injectors are having mech failure , what does this mean in tech terms ? Thanks in advance

#3 ·
It could be a number of things. Low fuel pressure from the pump can cause the injectors to fail... bad fuel, water in fuel, electronic problems, FICM failure, etc. You'd need to get a better description from the technician who is working on your truck. How many injectors does he say are bad?

#4 ·
injectors can either fail mechanically or electrically. low fuel pressure or dirty fuel is DEATH for 6.0 injectors and cause them to fail mech, a dead or sticking solenoid or ficm issue can cause them to fail elect. need more info as stated above.

#5 ·
Well I had my truck in the shop and the tech said all 8 of my injectors are leaking filling my crank case up with diesel , that they all need to be replace . This was confirmed by them with a die test leaving the drain plug out of my oil pan high pressure oil rail off sound to me like some one is looking to get paid . By the way truck only has 74,000 on the clock . No CEL sounds like truck is running on all 8

#6 ·
so what is your complaint(why you took it to the dealer)? does sound like they are not sure what injector or injectors are leaking. may only need a set of orings. if they were leaking out of the tip and into the cylinder, it would smoke like a freight train and run like a duramax opps I mean like sh*t

#8 ·
When I took it in the complaint was surging and stalling , and a puff of black smoke on start up and this is what they came back with as a diag

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.