egr delete advice needed !! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 04:43 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
egr delete advice needed !!

egr delete advice needed!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So today my truck started to stumble and almost quit when i let of the throttle and then step on it again. The check engine light came on so I stopped at the local garage and had them scan it. Big surprise it's the egr valve again!!! The dealer replaced it when it was under warranty so the local shop told me to see if they would warranty it. The local shop thought there was a requirement to warranty emission parts for 8yrs 80,000 miles but the dealer says no. I asked the dealer if he had ever done a egr delete. He said they dont do them and that some of there customers had done them to the trucks and had problems afterwards. Are there any potential problems that a egr delete can cause?or does the dealer just want to keep slapping a new one in everytime it gets plugged up? Is it good to delete the egr cooler to? The local shop is willing to do the install. They have worked on all my vehicles for well over 20 yrs and are very good mechanics although they arent really a Diesel shop. If I provide the kit they will install it and still put a inspection sticker on it without this emmision junk.Is one kit any better than another? I would prefer the simplest route to make this truck reliable. I know this is alot of questions but any advice anyone can offer would be most appreciated !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2010, 07:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I haven't ever heard a major problem with it, only problems I have heard of is that it will run a dtc without custom tunes but some people don't have any problems running a delete with a stock truck, and I don't see how it could hurt the engine, it's giving it cleaner air and keeping the coolant out of ur combustion chamber. Sounds like the dealer wants ur money to me
Old 03-10-2010, 05:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.0L_stroker View Post
Sounds like the dealer wants ur money to me
uh hu
Old 03-10-2010, 05:50 AM

Send a message via ICQ to VeeDubTDI Send a message via AIM to VeeDubTDI Send a message via MSN to VeeDubTDI Send a message via Yahoo to VeeDubTDI
I've never heard of a problem with an EGR delete on anything. Sounds to me like they're just trying to take you for a ride. Get a good delete kit and make your PowerStroke happy.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeDubTDI View Post
I've never heard of a problem with an EGR delete on anything. Sounds to me like they're just trying to take you for a ride. Get a good delete kit and make your PowerStroke happy.
thats what I thought now I just need advice on what is a good kit to get and if I should delete the cooler too. Can you do one without the other? I would like to do it the simplest way possible but I am willing to do additional work if it will provide more long term reliability. Any suggestions anyone?
Old 03-10-2010, 04:03 PM

the egr cooler and oil cooler were replaced less than a year ago if this effects my decision at all?
Old 03-10-2010, 06:19 PM

The oil cooler I wouldn't delete with a kit, they are about 2g... If u gave the money do it, I took mine apart and cleaned it, the egr delete kit I would go with is from liberator or rcd, but there is one like rcd on eBay for 300 from sinister diesel
Old 03-12-2010, 03:57 PM

now the water in fuel light came on to so I had the fuel filters changed I guess there was some junk in the lower filter including what looked like algae.that cant be good. we took the two bolts out of the egr but couldnt get it to come out and didnt want to break it with out anything to replace it with so we cleared the egr code to shut of the check engine light off. now it is still stumbling but not as often and theres no white smoke and the engine light is staying off. i think i would like to do the egr and egr cooler delete but Im not sure if maybe i just got some bad fuel and thats whats causing the stumbling ? what should I do next? I was thinking of trying to run the tank down low and then refill it with fresh fuel and maybe some additive
Old 03-12-2010, 04:18 PM

can you the believe the stupid egr valve from ford cost more than a egr and egr cooler delete kit? CRAZY!!!!!!
Old 03-12-2010, 04:35 PM

Yep, I tried to get a oil cooler gasket... I cant get just the gasket u have to buy the kit the kit is 360. Good old FOMoCo, put some sea foam
in the fuel filter on top of the engine, it will clean out all the crap in ur fuel and poor the rest of it in ur tank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.