6.0 died - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 died

I went from having an egr valve issue to having a lifter fail which caused the oil pump, camshaft, rocker arm, you name it, it broke. So far my bill at the dealership is $3,000 just to tear it down and figure out what went south. But they are estimating $7,000-8,000 for it to be fixed.
Just doesn't seem right, I only have 112,000 EASY miles on it. Heaviest thing I tow is a load of pine timbers every now and then to the jobsite.
Should I go for the fix with my mouth shut, or is there any use at asking FORD why? While under warranty, I've had injectors fail, fuel pump fail, computer fail, and what gets me a bit curious is it overheated at 94,000 miles, so I drove it for 3 miles to the dealership and they replaced "a bad hose" No telling if that was the culprit that weakened the lifter or not. Who knows. I'm just pissed!!!
2005 f-350 6.0 112,000 miles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via ICQ to VeeDubTDI Send a message via AIM to VeeDubTDI Send a message via MSN to VeeDubTDI Send a message via Yahoo to VeeDubTDI
Raise a stink, but be civil about it. They may offer to pay for half of the repair. Ford good-wills repair work from time to time to keep people happy with them.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

that blows bro...
Old 03-08-2010, 03:50 PM

I'd be pissed too. I think if I had to pay the full bill I'd seriously consider a Cummins swap. You can do it yourself for under 10g's might be a wash but you would have a better engine. Definately ask Ford for for some kind of comp and go from there. Good luck.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Haha, JJR, you read my mind. I was thinking of getting it fixed and swapping the entire truck out for a dodge, but it would be tough to see the sweet body of the ford go, 4dr short bed dually. Got any good places to look for info on the cummins swap?
Old 03-08-2010, 04:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

...that is, if ford is unwilling to work with me
Old 03-08-2010, 04:17 PM

DESTROKED: Cummins Conversions

the new zues ECM looks pretty crazy... saves you from the messy hack job wiring harness.. plug and play with common rail cummins
Old 03-09-2010, 07:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Excuse my language, but Fu#* the local ford dealership! First of all, if it takes you $3,000 in labor to find that the engine is all kinds of broke (when you could clearly tell by missing pieces of rocker arm and bent push rod), then you may have a problem and might want to send your mechanic back to grade school. Secondly, after I decide to have my truck towed from the shop and you offer me $8,000 for a 2005 crew cab short bed fx4 bad *** grille guard lariat 112,000 miles with a foul engine? Blue book is $23,000 with an engine. Every estimate you give me for the engine goes up $2,000 with every phone call. Now its up to $8,000 to fix it, and you want me to take $8,000 for the entire truck? A big F to the U! I can't wait to get it home this evening and get it ready for a cummins. First thing I'm going to do is make the manager of the service department smell my smoke when I get it installed! Ford, this battle has just begun.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:39 AM

well i just had head gaskets done on mine the 3rd time and when they got the heads off found a cracked piston. my truck has 108k on it and ford told me tuff crap. i know that this crack was caused from when the last injector went to hell. they just put new injector in and the guy ran it. that was at 76k i bought it at 92k and it ran great until i started towing then it would puke coolant. well just got it back last week. empire diesel did it for me and it runs like a top. plus was cheaper than the dealership.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.