Well....My 6.0 Finally Blew~*** - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2010, 05:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well....My 6.0 Finally Blew~***

Well my 6.0 finally blew. I went to the Ford dealership and they were ready to tear it down. Anyway, this is no big surprise and it’s not the end of the world for me….luckily it’s still under the 5 year / 100,000 mile warranty. This started a few weeks back and I just cleaned it off this weekend….drove it pretty hard yesterday trying to make it puck and now it’s puck’en pretty good.

Any advice on who has the best price on ARP studs and EGR delete kit and any other information you may have while the cab’s off would be appreciated. Its funny how things turn out sometimes….I just made my last payment in January. I’ve been planning on selling my truck this summer and getting a new one. I don’t want to drop a pile of money in it, but I would like to do what’s right and fixing it for whoever gets it.
I don’t think any less of my 6.0 it’s been a “great truck” and has served me well. As far as dropping a few hundred dollars in it….I guess that’s why I didn’t get the option of the moon roof…it would have been about the same as the option of the ARP’s and the EGR delete kit later…lol

I’ll post photos of the process as it takes place…..

Happy Trails….

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2010, 05:32 PM

Adam at First Coast Diesel Performance has a very good deal on black gaskets and studs, he also makes a sweet egr delete.....and he ships it FAST!
Old 03-04-2010, 05:35 PM

I know jegs has had the best price on the studs, and ebey for the egr delete.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgdoctor View Post
I know jegs has had the best price on the studs, and ebey for the egr delete.
Any idea as to the preferred EGR delete kit? I think I can get ARP's for about $390.00 shipped...
Old 03-04-2010, 07:26 PM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Abrannan19
we prefer our EGR delete kit (naturally) and we have gaskets available.

First Coast Diesel Performance -Full EGR Delete Kit- Your Source For Powerstroke Performance

First Coast Diesel Performance -Product- Your Source For Powerstroke Performance
Old 03-05-2010, 03:14 AM

Does anybody know what quality the OEM head gaskets are from Ford? I just wanted to get out of this buying the ARP’s and EGR delete kit….
Old 03-05-2010, 04:08 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The factory head gaskets are fine to use. If I was buying them myself I would buy the Black Onyx gaskets but if it is being done under warranty there is no reason not to use the factory gaskets.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:17 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Abrannan19
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
The factory head gaskets are fine to use. If I was buying them myself I would buy the Black Onyx gaskets but if it is being done under warranty there is no reason not to use the factory gaskets.
yep, if its under warranty, use OEM
Old 03-05-2010, 11:01 AM

Send a message via ICQ to VeeDubTDI Send a message via AIM to VeeDubTDI Send a message via MSN to VeeDubTDI Send a message via Yahoo to VeeDubTDI
Just out of curiosity, how'd you make it do that? Normal driving, hard towing, performance tune? How many miles are on it?
Old 03-05-2010, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeDubTDI View Post
Just out of curiosity, how'd you make it do that? Normal driving, hard towing, performance tune? How many miles are on it?
How did I make it do that you ask?….the EGR and head-bolts are the weak link on the 6.0. It’s kind of funny; I was just talking to another member who had just had ARP’s and the EGR delete kit put in his truck under warranty at the Ford dealership. I was going to pay ½ the cost to do the cab lift and have this work done on my truck in a few months.

But sometimes a blind hog finds an acorn…and lady luck was on my side and the head-gaskets went on their own. In my opinion the 6.0 with this work complete is a bulletproof engine. I have thought of trading the truck and getting a new one….I’ll probably wait one year and see what the 6.7 does. It will be hard to believe, I will be happier from a performance standpoint over my 6.0 with the 4.30 TowBoss.

Anybody with any other information, I should know while the cab’s up let me know….
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.