IAT1 SENSOR location and problems - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
IAT1 SENSOR location and problems

Hello I have a 2005 6.0. The check engine light came on the other day. I hooked up the scanner and got two codes P0113 and P1102.
P0113 - IAT - Intake Air Temp Sensor
P1102- I believe some type of air fuel metering. ** now know its MAF sensor issue**

I have been trying to find more info on the IAT sensor. I have already replaced the gummed up IAT sensor in the intake manifold and it did not clear the code.

After doing some more searching I realized that there are two IAT sensors.

I believe the other one (IAT1) is located in the MAF sensor. Is this correct?
any info on testing or cleaning this sensor to try and clear the code would be much appreciated before I replace the MAF sesnsor.

Thanks Kyle

Last edited by TIERNEY; 03-02-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2010, 07:19 PM
Powerstroke Techie

The last time I had a truck in with those two codes, it turned out that whomever was the last one under the hood left MAF/IAT #1 connector unplugged. And yes, IAT #1 is integrated into the MAF sensor, just as any Ford gas engine powered vehicle has been since 2003. This is why MAF sensors now have six wires instead of four.

But in answer to your last question, I would check the MAF/IAT #1 harness for an open circuit between connector and the PCM before jumping the gun and replacing it. If the vehicle in question has one of those aftermarket "re-usable" type filters in them, sometimes the oil will get onto the sensor element as well, and cause the readings to go haywire.

Last edited by m-chan68; 03-02-2010 at 07:25 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thank you for your reply. The truck is completely stock. The air filter is a ford part. The connector and all the wires seem to be tight and secure. I followed the harness back as far as I could access and didn't see any problems visually.

After cleaning the sensor with a solvent I cleared the code. This time when I hooked up the scanner it was reading as just the MAF sensor.

The check engine light did show up after the next drive.

Got a price on the part and is expensive so trying find the issue first.

any more help would be great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.