05 6.0 No Start - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
05 6.0 No Start

(My 6.0 with 84K miles) It would run until it warmed up and then when I shut it off, it would not start back up. I took it to ford and they said it was fine. I drove it home and it would not re-start. I pulled the hpop and replaced the fitting on the back and the orings. I also replaced the orings and tubes in the dummy rails. I drove it for 5 miles and it stalled out right after I pulled in my drive way. I replaced the ipc sensor and it still will not start even after sitting overnight. At this point I'm thinking ipr, fcim, or hpop. The hpop was replaced 14 months ago. I currently do not have access to a scanner to read the oil psi data to see how much pressure it has. Any help is appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2010, 11:22 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Year? Very important...
Old 03-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Without access to a scanner, you would be throwing parts at it to try to fix it. Do you get a Check Engine Light?

Might try disconnecting the IPR and seeing if it starts. Also, if you have access to a known functioning FICM, you might swap it in just to see if it starts.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

it's a 2005 I tried unplugging the ipr and still no start. There are no codes and the scanner I have can see a crank signal. I'm hoping to borrow a snap on scanner soon to see the oil pressure data
Old 03-02-2010, 08:10 AM
scuffs *****

Send a message via AIM to Tyler
Sounds like not enough oil pressure. It needs 500PSI before it will start. The warm no start issues usually sounds like a bad STC fitting, and air leak, or bad HPOP
Old 03-18-2010, 12:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

update on the truck. I took it to ford for a diagnosis. They said it the ipr valve so they replaced it and still no fix. So the service advisor called me and wanted to check the fitting on the hpop which I told him I replaced the fitting and orings but he swore thats where the problem was. So today I get a call and he said I was right and there was no leak down there and the tech is assuming it is the hpop itself. After all of this I could have kept throwing parts at it and not have a 2000 bill and still don't know if its fixed. Ford should not sell these engines if they can't diagnose them properly.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J350superduty View Post
update on the truck. I took it to ford for a diagnosis. They said it the ipr valve so they replaced it and still no fix. So the service advisor called me and wanted to check the fitting on the hpop which I told him I replaced the fitting and orings but he swore thats where the problem was. So today I get a call and he said I was right and there was no leak down there and the tech is assuming it is the hpop itself. After all of this I could have kept throwing parts at it and not have a 2000 bill and still don't know if its fixed. Ford should not sell these engines if they can't diagnose them properly.
If your truck is an '05, and you only have 84K miles on it, aren't you still under warranty, or are you barely outside that 5 year limit?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.