Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

answers please !

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Isaiah Pollock 
#1 ·
I'm the new guy with a PSD and i'v heard stories about problems with the E.G.R. valves sticking ???? any comments .............:burnout

#2 ·
Isaiah Pollock said:
I'm the new guy with a PSD and i'v heard stories about problems with the E.G.R. valves sticking ???? any comments .............:burnout
we do see some that do have the egr valve stick.....but its not any kind of an epademic......just the nature of an egr vavle to have some failures......i replace them for being stuck in gas motors too.......Marc

#6 ·
wesjones said:
yeah man, not a big deal to worry about...problems like cam sensor failure are more common....what year do you have...some engine families have more issues than others...but are overall pretty smooth...

happy driving!

wes
his is a 6.0 wes......havnt seen ANY cam sensor failures in them, just o rings leaking oil........at least yet.......Marc

#7 · (Edited)
a.k.a. white lightn'in

well thanks for the feed back guy's thats helpfull to know........about the EGR valves and their trouble ...i am scheduled to take my truck in to the ford dealer on thurs. ....they said that with the symptoms that i was having that the turbo was dunn...and that they were going to re-program the PCM while it was there.....so we'll see if i get to have my truck back in it's orig. power or .........maby a little extra ????? horses...!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.