exhaust manifolds leaking - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2010, 05:47 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
exhaust manifolds leaking

just before the warranty ended on my 04 F350 6.0 ended i sent it to the dealer with with a coolant loss problem they had it for a week and replaced the egr cooler and oil cooler .I also told them the manifold was leaking on the passenger side but thy didnt fix it .Now both sides leak and the cab smells like exhaust. Should this have been covered under the 5yr 100000 warranty and any ideas on how much this will cost me to have fixed now that the warranty is up ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2010, 06:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via ICQ to VeeDubTDI Send a message via AIM to VeeDubTDI Send a message via MSN to VeeDubTDI Send a message via Yahoo to VeeDubTDI
I think that since you told them about it, it should have been fixed under warranty. Go back to the dealer and see what they say.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:48 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: -1 reviews
take it tback and ttell them you had it in here under warranty to fix an manifold leak and itt still leaks. they should be able to help you out.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:06 PM

the dealer didnt even try to fix the leak that i know of. after being with out my truck for a week I was just glad to get it back I should have paid better attention to what they did. I think I would have a hard time getting them to fix it now it has been around ten months sense then.its just alot more noticable now that it smells of exhaust in the cab
Old 02-24-2010, 05:39 PM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Abrannan19
best bet is to pull the manifolds off and add gaskets as our trucks did not come from the factory with exhaust manifold gaskets
Old 02-24-2010, 05:57 PM

6 yrs of snowplowing in northeast winters have taken there toal on the manifolds they are extremly rusted up it would be a bear of job to get them off.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:11 PM
Powerstroke Techie

There is a Technical Service Bulletin that exists for this condition. The bulletin just simply instructs us to install exhaust manifold gaskets, which I always do anyways whenever I have one apart.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:02 AM

If I decide to get this done and have to pay for it with no warranty what is a ballpark price? it seems like it would be a major hassle to do with the rust and access isnt very easy
Old 02-25-2010, 07:18 AM

Should not be an issue removing the bolts, I've yet to break one upon removal. we use Walker acousti/seal after cleaning of both mating surfaces, works great. whack the up pipe bolts carefully with a cut off tool and replace w/new.

labor is 2.6 hrs for both sides
Old 03-02-2010, 04:00 PM

I went to the dealer today to make a service appoinment for my wifes Escape and asked about my leaking exhaust manifolds on my truck,they wont cover it under warranty even though I mentioned it before the warranty was up . The service manager suggested replacing the manifolds with new ones and installing gaskets. he said the diesel manifolds come off easier than the gas engine because the gasser has alum. heads. He says he has had to weld a nut on the bolt to have something better to crank on when the bolts are really rusted He says he will give me a price on doing the job when I bring the Escape in next week. Does it seem necessary to use new manifolds?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.