Shuts off but always starts right back up??? HELP!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2010, 05:10 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Shuts off but always starts right back up??? HELP!!!

i have an 04 psd 6.0 and at random time my truck will just shut off as if someone just pulled the key out of the ignition. It always starts right back up and runs fine. It has no other driveability issues other than that. It has died while driving a few times and has died at red lights. Its embarassing and i need to figure this problem out so if anyone can give me a heads up ill appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2010, 06:51 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: -1 reviews
first thing you need to see if any codes are present because it could be any ynumber of things causing it to stall. pull codes and post back.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:33 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i have no codes
Old 03-16-2010, 06:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My buddy is having the same problem, i have the trcuk her at my shop, but i can never get it to stall. last night he got in the truck to bring it here when he put the truck in R and had no power and the glow plug light came on he stoped let it sit and it "came back to life" and he continued on is way. then not to far up the road came to a turn and it stalled. fired it back up and no problems after that. I Cant get the truck to do it and there are no codes anu ideas on where to start.?????
Old 03-17-2010, 09:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

To update my last..... i finally got the truck to stall for me this morning, i spent alot of the morning on the net reading about this truck i finally found someone that said to look for a broken and chaffed wire. so i started the truck and started moving wire and bingo the truck shut off. looked for the wire for about 30 min before i found it. the wire was rubbing on the fuel bowl, it was a yellow/black wire that goes to the electric fan clutch. no idea why that wire would make the truck die but it did. i have pics and a digram if any one needs it.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

yes i need pics!! im having same problem, 2005 6.0, started with my radio popping (speakers) then cutting out, then shut off while driving but started on its own. once it started on its own it would not up shift. had to stop, turn off, then restart with no issues. has cut off twice while sitting. i'll pm you dday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.