Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

EGR Delte Kit Question

935 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  charkbait 
#1 ·
I am looking at several EGR delete kits, some have a new up pipe and others have a cap to clamp on to the current up pipe. Is there a reason to replace the up pipe on a late '04, since it doesn't have the scoop inside? or should I go ahead and replace the up pipe? :dunno:

#2 ·
I would change the up pipe because I thinks the factorty one has a flex joint it that cracks after a while I'm getting ready to finally install my delete kit and i am replacing mine I don't want to have to do later.

#3 ·
not sure how your skills are but I did my RCD kit yesterday and it took 16 hours with the up pipe being a real SOB taking most of that time up. There was a lot of grinder and recip saw action towards the end. Wish I had a block, would have saved me 3 hours or so and kept me off my back.

I was WAY over my head on this one but got it done...less a lot of knuckle skin. Never worked on a diesel, 6.0, nor did anything more complicated than brakes before.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.