what all is in the 6.0 intake gasket kit? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2010, 12:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
what all is in the 6.0 intake gasket kit?

Does it include orings for the fuel lines at the secondary fuel filter?

someone have a list of what each o-ring is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2010, 08:16 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: -1 reviews
no it does not include o-rings for the fuel housing. you will need to get them seperatly. there are 2 differant intake gasket kits, one with turbo mounting hardware and one with egr cooler hardware. what job you are doing will determine what kit you will need to get.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mine has the EGR gaskets and I believe also has the turbo bolts in it. Doing and EGR and Oil Cooler replacement among other things.

So for the Fuel lines is it the fuel bowl gasket kit? Think the dealer said around $43 for it...
Old 02-20-2010, 05:10 PM
Powerstroke Techie

If you are doing EGR and oil cooler replacement, you will need part numbers 4C3Z-9P456-AF which includes the intake gaskets and turbo mounting hardware, 3C3Z-6A642-CA which is the oil cooler KIT that includes all gaskets and o-rings needed to transfer the top cover (or 3C3Z-6A642-AA for the entire assembly with a new top cover), 3C3Z-6C683-AB is the screen under the oil cooler. If you want the fuel line o-ring kit, the part number is 3C3Z-9T517-AE for a new regulator assembly with all the orings. Other than coolant and engine oil (with a new filter of course), you shouldn't need anything else.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-chan68 View Post
If you are doing EGR and oil cooler replacement, you will need part numbers 4C3Z-9P456-AF which includes the intake gaskets and turbo mounting hardware, 3C3Z-6A642-CA which is the oil cooler KIT that includes all gaskets and o-rings needed to transfer the top cover (or 3C3Z-6A642-AA for the entire assembly with a new top cover), 3C3Z-6C683-AB is the screen under the oil cooler. If you want the fuel line o-ring kit, the part number is 3C3Z-9T517-AE for a new regulator assembly with all the orings. Other than coolant and engine oil (with a new filter of course), you shouldn't need anything else.

Excellent notes. Thanks for the assistance and this will be a good note for someone else who needs to grab all the gaskets. I was able to figure out the last one with the ford parts guy late yesterday and just about have everything back together now. Dropped a retaining clip for one of the injector plugs so have to track one of them down and then will throw the alternator in, finish a coolant flush and call it finished hopefully.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-chan68 View Post

I am getting ready for a oil cooler replacement and a RCD EGR delete install. Do I need the fuel line O ring kit that you mentioned above? Is there a Ford part number just for the turbo hardware kit? I was thinking about using a aftermarket intake gaskets.

Thanks for the info you are a great help.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
help

I am in the same boat as the guy above, i am doing a RCD EGR delete.. buddy told me if i am planning to do the oil cooler as well (HIGHLY recommends) so i am. I have the Oil cooler kit with gaskets... i have the EGR delete kit, what do i need for the gaskets?? i found:

3C3Z-9T514-AD for my turbo to be reinstalled

FO3C3Z-9439-AA which are just the intake port gaskets... do i need any other gaskets??

I dont want to get into this and stop because i am lacking a gasket or something.

Thanks for the help guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.