A little miss turned in into you aren' t go to make it home. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2010, 08:49 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
A little miss turned in into you aren' t go to make it home.

Hello again I've posted several times my 2004 f350 with a 2003 6.0. It started missing in the parking lot at work, it would always start a little roungh when the motor was cold ,after about 5 seconds it would smooth out. well acouple of days ago it started with a miss that didn't go away. And the power wasn't there at times, not all the time though, it was just very sluggish part of the time.In the process of reading some good sugestions I was going to take to dealer to have it checked out when I got off work yesterday. To my dissapointment when I fired her up and she went into high idle the missing got worse, sounded big block V8 with big cam in it,damn!!She died several times, let it sit for a few then it started half *** .I was able to limp 6 miles to home, with it dying a few times . It just acted like the fuel wasn't getting to the motor,the filters were changed mabey 3 months ago. But I changed them again last night. This morning it ws still runnig like crap .Called the wrecker it's at the dealer and I'm waiting for a call. More to come i'm sure. I will post later. Raffter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2010, 08:53 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: -1 reviews
Sorry to hear that raffterman, hopefully something simple an inexpensive. let us know
Old 02-18-2010, 10:48 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Could be lots of things on your truck, and with it being a 2003 the ICP is at the back and can cause all sorts of strange issues.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

After reading about all these problems I have become a little nervous with purchasing the truck I really want. We are selling our F150 Fx4 and want a diesel I found a great deal on a 2003 6.0 with 77,000 miles on it 2 owners, although I am exteremly concerned that I might be causing myself a BIG headache. The owner said it runs great get 21 on the highway without towing (he said he has never towed with it) and also said ford dealership installed a computer and air intake "thing" to make it get more air he told me- is this one of the recalls it had on it from that year to make that motor better? WE are towing so obviously that is important. Would anyone buy this- the way I read these forums I would be crazy too but then others say they are great so any advise I would appreciate it? The other truck I like is a 2006 with a 6.0 93,000 miles on it the price difference is probably 2500.00. What should I look for?
Old 02-18-2010, 11:06 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to thesmokinstroke02
if ur looking for no problems get a late model 6.0 such as an 07 or a 7.3 in basically any year after 95. you just wont have the overall speed with a 7.3
Old 02-18-2010, 12:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thank you

Speed is important but not as much as towing and reliability. My husband actually suggested looking for a GMC with the Duramax I told him he lost his mind!
I will look for that 7.3 motor since I think the 07 are out of the price league (paying cash NO PAYMENTS)! Thanks!
Old 02-18-2010, 12:53 PM

the 7.3 is the way to go a buddy of mine has a 6.0 its gutless to me i dont like it. with the 7.3 do a few mods and it will go..... i have no regrets and mines fast enough for a few speeding tickets 2 with a trailer
Old 02-18-2010, 01:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays02F250 View Post
the 7.3 is the way to go a buddy of mine has a 6.0 its gutless to me i dont like it. with the 7.3 do a few mods and it will go..... i have no regrets and mines fast enough for a few speeding tickets 2 with a trailer
the 6.0 is not gutless, much faster then then the 7.3!
Old 02-18-2010, 01:46 PM
shaking things up

6.0 is ok if you tow alot look into a used 7.3 you cant beat them from a reliability standpoint no worries about head gaskets or the egr cooler or the oil cooler with the money you save over the 6.0 you can get a chip an intake and an exhaust for the 7.3 and not think twice about going any distance towing anything just my .02 though
Old 04-17-2010, 11:26 PM

Well I have to say I really don't trust this 6.0 at all , it is very quick but that don't mean that much to me . I want something that pulls great don't drink fuel and don't get in my wallet . I'm pulling alot 2000 miles a week and I just don't have any faith in this truck, plus it's an automatic and shifts too much going up and down hills. As soon as I can afford to I'm going to sell it and try something older with a manual shift but until then I may be posting in the 6.0 fourms some more . But the help I've gotten here has been priceless thanks raffterman.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.