Ha Ha, problem...or not! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 07:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ha Ha, problem...or not!

What a day, havnt run a single bit of diesel additive in these cold temps yet this winter! manager at Kum N Go tells me they mix there diesel with PowerService.. im good friends with the guy, he guarantees me through the company if my truck gels, they will pay for the repairs/ towing.. last friday, three friends of mine gelled up! my truck started just fine, no additive! all three were running same fuel, two days later, my truck lost power going down the interstate, about (-10 out). so i freaked out a bit and decided maybe we all got bad diesel.. so i bought a 80oz bottle of power service, went to a truck stop and filled up my tank and added the proper amount of additive.. figured with the additive + a good fuel source i should be fine.. truck sat overnight, plugged in, about -17 was the low.. so i was rushing to get to a team meeting at work this morning, truck started fine off the remote start, got about 2 blocks away from home..and the truck dropped what felt like 7 cylinders!! thing wouldnt run for crap! i couldnt believe after a full tank of diesel with "a good reputation" plus additive would gel up like that..

heres the stupid part, i called AAA, waited an hour or so for a roll back, and finally got the truck towed to work! the truck still ran, and actually over time started to run better..? so after i let it sit inside the shop all day. i went to change out the filters, got to looking and i just happened to see my mass air was UNPLUGGED! that might make it run a little rough eh? i removed my intake a couple days before to check for cleanlyness and must not have snapped it all the way... kind of a kick in the teeth..lol oh well, best part is when i pulled the upper fuel filter, the stem inside the housing broke off inside the filter that i DIDNT need to replace!

check this day off on your calendars, ive had MY DAY for this month!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2010, 07:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to troid123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoker0560 View Post
What a day, havnt run a single bit of diesel additive in these cold temps yet this winter! manager at Kum N Go tells me they mix there diesel with PowerService.. im good friends with the guy, he guarantees me through the company if my truck gels, they will pay for the repairs/ towing.. last friday, three friends of mine gelled up! my truck started just fine, no additive! all three were running same fuel, two days later, my truck lost power going down the interstate, about (-10 out). so i freaked out a bit and decided maybe we all got bad diesel.. so i bought a 80oz bottle of power service, went to a truck stop and filled up my tank and added the proper amount of additive.. figured with the additive + a good fuel source i should be fine.. truck sat overnight, plugged in, about -17 was the low.. so i was rushing to get to a team meeting at work this morning, truck started fine off the remote start, got about 2 blocks away from home..and the truck dropped what felt like 7 cylinders!! thing wouldnt run for crap! i couldnt believe after a full tank of diesel with "a good reputation" plus additive would gel up like that..

heres the stupid part, i called AAA, waited an hour or so for a roll back, and finally got the truck towed to work! the truck still ran, and actually over time started to run better..? so after i let it sit inside the shop all day. i went to change out the filters, got to looking and i just happened to see my mass air was UNPLUGGED! that might make it run a little rough eh? i removed my intake a couple days before to check for cleanlyness and must not have snapped it all the way... kind of a kick in the teeth..lol oh well, best part is when i pulled the upper fuel filter, the stem inside the housing broke off inside the filter that i DIDNT need to replace!

check this day off on your calendars, ive had MY DAY for this month!

Kidding..good luck in 2010
Old 01-05-2010, 07:34 PM

damn the bad luck man, you could have pulled the plug out of the water seporator to see if it was gelled up huh? not being rude or anything, i dont have to fight the cold weather here in houston, but just a thought.correct me if im wrong tho.
sorry about the bad luck though.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottm0821 View Post
damn the bad luck man, you could have pulled the plug out of the water seporator to see if it was gelled up huh? not being rude or anything, i dont have to fight the cold weather here in houston, but just a thought.correct me if im wrong tho.
sorry about the bad luck though.

No that would have been a good idea, although i was sitting in a gas station parking lot and didnt feel like laying on ice in -10 weather with wind to check it
! The towing was free with AAA membership so it wasnt a huge loss, pulling the plug was the next step after pulling the upper filter at the shop to check the fuel in it, but that was when i discovered the MAF plug... im going to change the filters tomorrow anyways..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.