OIL LEAK HELP !!!!! TECHS ????? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2009, 12:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
OIL LEAK HELP !!!!! TECHS ?????

HELLO Fellow PSD owners. I need some help Recently I have posted about an oil leak and didnt get any feed back so hopefully this time i will. I have replaced my ICP sensor like 3 times and i am still having an oil leak. when i did my EGR delete i replaced the Oil tude to the trubo and i also replaced the HPOP Cover gasket and i talked to a local tech who told me to use RTV for the area on the block that the gasket didnt cover which i did. But i still have a leak i have attached so pics from the under side of my ruck the oil leak seems to be coming from the top of the motor in the back near the bell housing ??? ANY IDEAS, TECh please fill free to chime in.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2009, 12:56 PM
Premium Member

best i can say to do is look for the cleanest/wettest area(s), that's is usually the source.
from what you said, you've done a few things that could be causing it. so, it's tough to say.

you said you've been trying to fix it by throwing a few parts at it? did it start leaking worse after one of the repairs or, is it the same as when you started trying to fix it?

look for the cleanest wet area or, you may have to clean it all up good and start looking again from there...

good luck

replacing the oil must get expensive.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Nope it was leaking before i started all of this when i first replaced the ICP sensor back in may it was cracked I have an early 03 6.0 so its back in under the turbo but trust me i have mastered replacing it lol i can have it off and a new one on in about 20 minutes lol, but it had been leaking before that so i replaced the iCP cause it was cracked like i said now its just a constant drip or i should say drips and i hate having to pressure wash my drive way do to deed restrictions lol
Old 12-26-2009, 02:47 PM

Did you ever replace the IPR? There is a small possibility of that leaking, but I've never seen it. Can you get a mirror and check to see if the ICP sensor is leaking again?

I'd put my money on the ICP sensor being the culprit, as I've never seen the HUEI pump cover leak, it's almost impossible to make them do so...

Get an eye on that ICP and let us know from there.
Old 12-26-2009, 02:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Oil cooler o-rings?
Old 12-26-2009, 03:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Yes, start it up and take a mirror and a bright flashlight, should be able to see it leak with that much oil pouring out, wow! lol
Old 12-26-2009, 04:14 PM

high pressure oil test port on the high end pump cover is leaking . have to remove the turbo to axcess it and replace the oring
Old 12-27-2009, 10:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsman500 View Post
high pressure oil test port on the high end pump cover is leaking . have to remove the turbo to axcess it and replace the oring
Are you referring to the hex bolt on the HPOP cover itself ? or the oring that goes on the hpop ??? Because i replaced the oring that goes on the hpop when i did my egr delete.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:23 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have looked at the motor with it running and it isnt coming from the oil cooler. I looked at the IPR valve and its not coming from that either when i had the cover to the HPOP off the was no sign on oil coming out of the IPR or ICP so i dunno its just getting old lol and 20 dollars a gallon for 5w40 is just getting old as well lol, I honestly dunno what it is and its geeting irritating
Old 12-27-2009, 10:36 AM

there is a test port on the hpop cover it has an allen key hole in it , it will look ok when its not running , the oring shifts when it is and because the oil is at 1000 psi and up it comes shooting out , i've seen it several times in tucks with high miles , the fiting just loosens up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.