didnt start this am LOL same old story dunno which verse - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2009, 05:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
didnt start this am LOL same old story dunno which verse

Went out to the truck, reached in and turned the key. Fired up so I turned to head to the fridge to get a dew for the roaad and it quit. Reached back in and cycled the switch a couple of times to warm the glow plugs. Never fired. I think the orilies alt is draining the batteries cause it turns over slow if it sits a couple of days. New batteries so I dont think thats the problem and it started right off anyway. I also checked the fuel bowl and its got fuel.
So its on the charger and there were no check enginelights. I'll check for ccodes tomorrow.

Did I hear that something will fry if theres low voltage and you start it? Also it has been turning over a longer before it starts lately.

I know its a long post but more info is better
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2009, 06:30 AM

Wow no help. Used to be that everyone helped everyone on hear. Seems like the org has went down hill.

(EDIT) I am apologizing to everyone in the org. that I may have offended. I was having a ruff day that day. I know its not a excuse but its mine. (I'm having to drive a 87 ranger rust bucket) Anyway please accept my apology.

Last edited by RcnRln; 12-24-2009 at 11:17 AM. Reason: bad day
Old 12-19-2009, 06:43 AM
Premium Member

Yes, if your batteries are old, everything suffers. I put a volt guage in my truck for that reason. Don't know why ford decided not to in these trucks. When the temp drops, if your batteries are old they could go south. Whats the temp where you are? Hows your oil? I recently switched to full synthetic becouse i was experiencing long crank times. Cleared right up.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:50 AM
Raging Lunatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcnRln View Post
Wow no help. Used to be that everyone helped everyone on hear. Seems like the org has went down hill.
Don't cry...............Remember this is the Holiday season and you posted on Friday nite. It only goes downhill when someone posts crap like this.

Oh and also don't forget this is a free site.....sometimes you get what you pay for.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:52 AM
Premium Member

Sorry, I just noticed the part where you said your batteries are new. Does it pretty cold in ks. where you are? Mybe check fuel filter on frame rail as well.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:53 AM

i had an alt issue similar to this but it would completly drain the batterys over night i mean in the morning there was nothing ive been putting napa ones on and am ok as of right now u just gotta do a little troubleshooting
Old 12-19-2009, 07:54 AM

So the ORG has gone downhill because you can't get a miracle answer in 5 minutes???? A 6.0 is not a 6.9l mechanical engine. A stall/no start could be caused by 10+ things. ICP issue, FICM, fuel issue, or an electrical problem. Any memory codes, ICP psi readings, FICM voltages????
Old 12-19-2009, 10:21 AM

No Ive seen several posts that have went unanswered for several days and even weeks. I know this is a free site. If you notice I have payed and help support the site. Its just when I first signed up anyone would help anyone. It doesnt seem that way anymore. If you think I'm wrong ok fine so be it but You can still find a number of posts that no one has answered. Heck I had to put something in smart *** like to get the posts I have gotten.
I also know there are no miracle answers. I have owned my truck for 4 years and it now has 198 thousand miles on it. I do my own work. Just looking for some friendly suggestions.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:32 PM
Raging Lunatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Old Chinese Proverb: One gathers more bees with sugar than with vinegar...I'm just sayin'
Old 12-21-2009, 06:55 AM
Premium Member

Did you get her running yet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.