Coolant Leak Drivers Side? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-17-2009, 05:48 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Aquidneck Island
Posts: 197
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Coolant Leak Drivers Side?

I have a 04 6.0 full egr delete and sct tunes,,,, this morning when i started the truck i noticed a puddle of coolant on the ground, looked under the hood thinking it was the degas bottle puking and found it wasnt,,,,then took a look under the truck and noticed the fluid was dripping down the front of the transmission(def not trans fluid) looked towards the heads no signs of leakage,, so i wiped of the fluid drove around for an hour no more fluid drip,,,
has anyone had this problem if so what caused this,,,,,,or are these symptoms of HG's about to blow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 12-17-2009, 06:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Anchorage, KY
Posts: 1,070
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to FastFocus
i noticed a coolant leak on the drivers side of my truck, it looked like it was leaking between the block and head. Turns out there is a hose right in the top of the engine bay that is leaking and dripping down. When i get home i will try to take a pic, the dealer pointed it out for me and i'm gonna fix it myself. my HG blew a few months ago, and i think this is the culprit because the cooling system wasn't holding pressure. so you should be fine as long as you fix it soon, and its the same problem as me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 12-17-2009, 06:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pearland
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I had the Same problem after I didnt my EGR Delete and I found ou t where it was leaking from. It was coming from the Bottom hose on the Degas bottle, i had lost the OEM hose clamp and replaced it with a regular screw type clamp needless to say i went to ford and paid for a over price oem hose clamp lol, i would start by checking the clamps maybe there not tight or holding right ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 12-17-2009, 08:21 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Aquidneck Island
Posts: 197
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
yea if u can get a pic that would be awesome ,,,,,i was freaking out this morning when i saw this happening i thought for sure my HG's let go but so far everything seems normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFocus View Post
i noticed a coolant leak on the drivers side of my truck, it looked like it was leaking between the block and head. Turns out there is a hose right in the top of the engine bay that is leaking and dripping down. When i get home i will try to take a pic, the dealer pointed it out for me and i'm gonna fix it myself. my HG blew a few months ago, and i think this is the culprit because the cooling system wasn't holding pressure. so you should be fine as long as you fix it soon, and its the same problem as me.
Ogdeja im gonna check all the clamps and look at the hoses coming from the degas bottle i hope its something as simple as this ive made it to 120k miles without having blown the Hg's

Quote:
I had the Same problem after I didnt my EGR Delete and I found ou t where it was leaking from. It was coming from the Bottom hose on the Degas bottle, i had lost the OEM hose clamp and replaced it with a regular screw type clamp needless to say i went to ford and paid for a over price oem hose clamp lol, i would start by checking the clamps maybe there not tight or holding right ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 12-17-2009, 08:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pearland
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lol Yeah FMC replaced my motor in my 03 6.0 at around 78000 back in 2007 so far after that ive only had to do do minor things EGR delete biging the biggest and that was last month thats when i noticed the coolant leak after i had finished putting it back together keep us posted
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 12-21-2009, 05:16 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Anchorage, KY
Posts: 1,070
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to FastFocus
check the EGR cooler hose, that connects the EGR cooler to the oil cooler. That's what's leaking on mine. Its building up in the engine valley and running down the back side of the motor on the drivers side. If that's not what it is on your truck, then see if you can do a coolant system pressure test to see if the HG are blown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 12-21-2009, 08:00 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Jacksonville,Fl
Posts: 3,353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Abrannan19
Mar, check the hose clamps..sometimes they can be overtightened and strip..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 12-21-2009, 06:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
hello guys...first off Im new to this site and I just wanted to say Im freakin out!!! I was on my way to georgia last night when I noticed what looked like water coiming from my truck.I have a 04 f350 6.0 I stopped it a the next exit and got out and looked under the hood and noticed the hose coming from the bottom of the degas bottle had blown apart.It was seperated from the Y connector I then got to looking and thought where is the clamp and how does it go back together!so I tried to put it back together and wolla it just snaps back together no clamp or anything! so I managed to drive it back home without it blowing apart again. I tried it today and it blew apart again.does ford just snap these hoses together?? this is some cheap crap please give me some advice someone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 12-28-2009, 07:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey guys. Great site. Anyway, I was working on my father-in-laws '04 6.0 today and found the coolant line that runs over the drivers side head to the heater core was rubbing on the module on the valve cover. It wasn't worn thru but was pretty close. I think I'll just splice it tomorrow cuz that line is one piece right across and it's partly steel with crimped on rubber ends. Maybe that's your leak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 12-29-2009, 06:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by agtech View Post
Hey guys. Great site. Anyway, I was working on my father-in-laws '04 6.0 today and found the coolant line that runs over the drivers side head to the heater core was rubbing on the module on the valve cover. It wasn't worn thru but was pretty close. I think I'll just splice it tomorrow cuz that line is one piece right across and it's partly steel with crimped on rubber ends. Maybe that's your leak.
I had the same problem with a small leak from where it was rubbing. Cut the hose and put a splice in it, all is good now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors