Enough's enough...buying a new Dodge!!!!!!!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2009, 01:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Enough's enough...buying a new Dodge!!!!!!!!!

I'm a long time Ford man but this 6.0l Diesel has really tested my patience...I pulled my glow plugs from the heads...simple job you'd think and when I was putting the last one in, it some how got wedge inside the access hole???It's in there so tight you'd swear I took a hammer and a punch and smashed it in there!!!! All it did was fall off the end of my socket???Why did they make the hole so damb big???????????????
I used to enjoy wrenching on motors but this new stuff is brutal! My old 70 390 bigblock is a dream to work on...why did those gay engineers have to make things so tight????

Looks like the head will have to come off to get this glow plug out.......

I love the sound of my 6.0l and the Fords look the best in my opinion but this engine has really did it for Ford...I know so many people around here that are buying anything but Fords now...

Looking at the new Dodge Rams...Seem like nice trucks and even if that 6.7 turns out to be a piece of **** ,at least I can get my hands in there to work on it......

Last edited by Rob; 12-17-2009 at 07:09 AM.
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2009, 01:53 PM

You are so right about the 03 6.0L. I have an 04 F250 Superduty 6.0L diesel and have had nothing but headaches since I bought the thing brand new. I am at 115K now so all work is out of my pocket. What a mess! Ford has lost me as a customer forever. I kept up on all required maintenance and then some but it is just a POS.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have an 03 F350 with 55K miles. No major issues yet but.... If I wanted to take one shot and "fix" the commom engine issues, what all would you recommend: egr delete, head gaskets and studs, oil cooler, what else?
Old 12-16-2009, 02:46 PM
Other vehicle is an F250

Hate to hear that DJ. You should have gotten a 7.3. Great engine and easy to work on. Sorry to see you go. Bye!
Old 12-16-2009, 02:53 PM

sooo...you jammed a glow plug in the head and it's the trucks fault? not trying to be a jerk, i'm just wondering if the glow plug has made you lokk at dodges...or if you've had other problems too?
Old 12-16-2009, 05:41 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Don't pull the head, if you pull off the valve cover and oil rails you can get to it...
Old 12-16-2009, 05:53 PM

I'll warn ya, I deal with the general public everyday, so when a diesel comes in, I'm always talkin' to the owner.
Every owner of a 6.7 Dodge I've personally talked to is unhappy. Not neccassarily because of the engine, but because of the sensors that they're having issues with. They're trucks are in the shop every week, literally.
I would reccommend doing you're homework on it, before you just end up with another headache!
Old 12-16-2009, 06:07 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I know how you feel man these things are trouble sometimes. You have to get the bugs worked out though like head studs, egr, and maybe a few minor problems. I def would not go with a dodge. I had one till I went to the ford the ford is twice the truck give it that the dodge was a gas, but the truck itself was crap. I had it for 2 years and put 2 front ends in it a power steering pump. and when I traded it in they had to put another front end and a whole new rear in the dodge. Personally I am trying to sell my truck then I am going to the 6.4. From what I hear that thing is awesome not really any major problems, and loads of power. My Grandfather has one and I just love it. Go with the 6.4 and save yourself the trouble of a dodge.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:16 PM
Powerstroke Techie

I have worked for Ford since the 6.4 was released and I have done a couple injectors, 2 turbos leaking oil and an EGR valve yesterday and some other assorted repairs. Compared to the 6.0, they have 1/16 of the problems. Granted, I am 1 of our shops 2 techs and the other guy has done a few EGR coolers and an engine or 2.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:25 PM

you cant really blame ford either its not really there engine they just got saddled with it. if your gettin a new truck i would say definately go with the 6.4 or even talk to a bunch of guys on here and see how they like theres. i will tell you i love mine i havent ridden in a truck as nice as mine or anybody elses 08 and up ford.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.