2006 6.0 bogs down and dies - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2009, 05:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2006 6.0 bogs down and dies

Thanks inadvance....

2006 E-350 cut-a-way 6.0 230,000 miles no mods automatic

In Short- My van starts right up but begins to idle rough while cold. Once it warms up it wants to bog down and eventually dies if allowed to run till warm. If driven cold, it will run rough reving high till the tranny reluctantly shifts. Once she warms up then she looses power and quits. If I try to immediately restart it doesnt want to start w/o about half pedal. However if I what 5 minutes, it starts like nothings wrong (except the rough idle). I then can drive 1 or 2 miles before the whole process starts again.

COSTLY Details- This problem has slowly gotten worse over time (maybe a clue?) Took to Ford dealer and they said that one injector can bring down a 6.0 and to bring it in and out in no time. Then came the call, they said I need the whole works...fuel filters, egr valve, egr cooler, new injectors and turbo. I felt i was getting shafted so I went with the 2 injectors they said were bad. Ran great for a few hours (i never knew how well my truck could run) but then it died out again. I already had new oil change and filters then replaced the EGR valve and the VGT solenoid in the turbo myself. The EGR was carboned but dry. Looking inside it was not steam cleaned looking but dry and carboned. So I had the miracle Diesel injection cleaning done as well. No difference... So except for the turbo most of the things the dealership wanted to do woulda been pointless I'm thinking. btw, the oil fill tube keeps coming out of the valve cover. it has a seal, could that create a vacuum leak?

Questions- Buy the turbo? Buy the EGR cooler? Pay to check the fuel pump? Look for vacuum leaks? FICM? ICP sensor? IPR valve? CPS? What is supposed to kick in or function that isn't here when it reaches operating temp?? Did I lose more injectors?

This is a work van and I'm going crazy and broke

Thanks again (sorry for the length)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2009, 06:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Prolly should add that my coolant level seems to stay steady but always levels out about an inch and a half below full. What are the symptoms of a bad head gasket? thx
Old 12-06-2009, 06:20 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Do you have the VIN for this vehicle?
Old 12-07-2009, 04:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

PM'd ya with it. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.