Air In Fuel - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2009, 01:30 PM
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Air In Fuel

In the last week I've noticed a couple random puffs of what looks like white smoke while sitting at a traffic light. I do know that air if the fuel like could cause this but where could it come from. Same truck in my sig and first time I had driven a good 20 mile at 60 mph with at least 30 min of in town when I saw it. The second time I drove around town about 20 min for lunch, truck sat for about 2 hours then drove 10-15 min.

Oil is still nice and dark only about 1.5K since last change. Exhaust still has my Diesel Addiction smell. Havn't pulled my EGR Valve to see if intake is dry do to Ford won't have o-rings and gasket till Monday.

Any help would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2009, 02:35 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Air in fuel

If you are getting gas/exhaust in the fuel rails you would have a hard/no start condition.
To test for this you can do two easy tests. You can disconnect the fuel line from the filter and tie a ballon on it and roll the engine over with out useing the key and see if the ballon inflates.
You can unscrew the top off the fuel filter and with fuel just below the level of the houseing roll the engine over with the key off and look for bubbles.

You can get air/gas from a leaking fuel injector o-rings and the copper gasket. This can happen if the injector was not torqued properly.

Another place could be a leaking fuel intake line,sucking air while the pump is running.

To roll the engine over without the key, look on the passenger side inner fender near the fire wall. There will be about a 10 gage single black wire with a plug end close to the firewall. Unplug that wire and touch the end of the wire going down to the starter to the positive battery post, touch and release a few times letting it roll over a few turns.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:20 AM
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD

Bump

I've read up on a couple was to see if I do infact have air in the fuel system. As soon as it stops raining gonna do a couple test.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:31 AM
OBS Forever!!!!!!

Oh come on Tyler just roll it up to TU and do the egr delete studs and roll it on down the road. I know you Marines are loaded and Scott accepts cash!!!
Old 12-05-2009, 05:47 AM
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasis04 View Post
Oh come on Tyler just roll it up to TU and do the egr delete studs and roll it on down the road. I know you Marines are loaded and Scott accepts cash!!!
Jeff you funny funny guy, what cash might you be talking bout Some how it all got spent in Greenville. Someday I'll have surger momma.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:51 AM
OBS Forever!!!!!!

Of course you could roll into the shop and let some students start wrenching on it!!!
Old 12-05-2009, 05:54 AM
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasis04 View Post
Of course you could roll into the shop and let some students start wrenching on it!!!
.................... .............

The two that I've got now Maybe they will figure things out.

Back on topic Jeff. Don't want to blow my truck up.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:57 AM
OBS Forever!!!!!!

Hey I am just tryin to save you some bucks.

Sorry for derailing you thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.