Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Oil coming from oil filter

4K views 46 replies 13 participants last post by  junior125 
#1 ·
This started happening the other day. Looks like oil is coming out of the oil filter. I am running a motorcraft filter and this started. I have looked down the filter housing and the housing looks dry. It is just on the cap, plastic harness protector and the hood. Any ideas on this ?

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks like the cap is boogered up. Have you checked it for a crack or hole? Good o-ring? What about that braided turbo supply line? Any damage in the braided section? There's an updated solid tube to replace it with.

#3 ·
Yeah, judging from the spot on the hood, my first guess would be the turbo feed line or oil pressure sensor. I'd clean it up good and crank it up and see if I could find it. You'll probably want the oil warmed up good and you may need someone to rev it a little to get the oil pressure up.

Reactions: desertranger
#7 ·
Get an aluminum oil cap

#8 ·
fire it up and see where it's coming from ....:dunno:

#9 ·
So many theories. Very little agreement.

I think that Basque Separatists are to blame.

Reactions: SparkyF250
#13 ·
When it turns out that the oil is actually seeping out of the hood, well... won't some of you just be eating your words!!

#14 ·
Did you find out where it's coming from?

#16 ·
the Russians are meddling in this....I know it!

Reactions: SparkyF250
#29 ·
Any leads??

#32 ·
well i think i figured out where the oil is coming from. sorry sparkyf250, it wasn't coming from the hood. apparently when I changed the ECT and EOT sensors I did not tighten the tube after the inter cooler to the intake elbow tight enough and air and some oil was coming out of that joint. Oops !!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.