'03 aftermarket injectors - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2007, 06:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy '03 aftermarket injectors

New Guy here. I currently have 3, 6.0 Powerstroke trucks trying to make me a living. Iíve had several 7.3 L Powerstrokes in the past. What happened? I never had any major trouble with the old trucks and now the new ones I canít keep in service. My questions for yaíll are this. One, can I get a set of aftermarket injectors that wonít give me as much trouble as the OEM type? And two, have any of you used any of the aftermarket rotors with any success? I hope I can get these problems taken care of on my own because I fear the thought of going Duramax or Cummings with the loads I must make each day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2007, 06:26 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

the cummins engine is a fairly decent engine. worth considering if it weren't for Dodge. i don't know how good the Duramaxipad is doing these days. chevy is worth considering i think.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:21 AM
Premium Member

Talk to Beans about the injectors, and yes there are some good aftermarket roters available as well. If your still around hahaha.And welcome to the site, glad your with us.

Gord.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:26 AM
The Fat Mod

Yeah, There are def some good injectors out there. Exactly what kind of problems are you having. It might be better to get to the root of the problem, then just start throwing thousands of dollars in parts at them. Once you get some of the problems posted and maybe codes and what not, some of the techs can help you decide what the best route will be. Good luck, and again, great to have ya and sorry for the tough luck with the 03s.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:20 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Abrannan19
actually need to talk to the builder of the injectors..Ryan Casserly.

what injector issues are you having?
Old 03-25-2007, 06:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

my problems

Some of the problems I am having are rolling idle, white smoke at start up and engine sounds as if it is running on 6 cylinders. My dealer is not as cooperative as some that I have heard of. They won't share the codes with me. Now that I just turned over 100,000 miles I will be taking this truck elsewhere for service. 8 different times they have had to replace one or more injectors. they have reprogrammed the computer 4 times and replace they egr cooler and sensor several times. I ended up calling the BBB and start an official complaint. Ford got wind of it the next day and called me back to say they would go ahead and take care of it again as a courtesy. I just want to know if all of this can be fixed right now that I am paying for the repairs. Thanks for all of the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.