6.0 cranks but no start - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 10:36 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 cranks but no start

ok i have givin up with this truck i have a 2004 f350 6.0 with 200,000 miles on it, i was towing a car trailer up and down the mountains in ny state when she quit on me, i was coming down a steep hill and she shut down and i have not been able to get here to start up.

if i shoot it with starting fluid she will run soft until the starter fluid runs out. it is getting good fuel and pressure to the point of the water fuel separater next to the oil filter housing.

this truck has overheated in the spring pulling a trailer and it actually melted the spindle in the oil filter housing replaced water pump twice the fins on the water pump were gone on the second replacement which caused the over heat the second time about 1.5 months ago.

can anybody put me in the right direction with this engine to get it to run again

i want to get rid of it but it doesn't run so thats a major issue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2009, 03:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Well with it getting that hot I think you need to change every o-ring in the oil system, the ones on the lines, plugs, up pipe etc. I would also think you may have damaged the o-rings on the injectors as well. With that much over heating I am amazed the head gaskets haven,t gone on you as well.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:26 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

pull codes, could be a million and one things............
Old 11-25-2009, 04:17 PM

thank you for the info, hopefully i will pull codes this weekend, the truck is in upstate new york where it broke down, if you know of a real good diesel mechanic in the delaware county area please let me know
Old 11-26-2009, 11:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I feel your pain. Mine has left me stranded 3 times now. 118,000 mileson the OR. The last was 30 miles away from civilization with no cell service. I hate this truck. Ford told me that it was the ficm and a high pressure oil leak that was causing the problem.
$3 800.00. It would just crank and crank and crank but no start. As soon as I fix it she is gone. Ford should have recalled all these 6.0liters to fix the inherent little problems that seem to cost a fortune to fix. I may be done with Ford. I drove a borrowed 08 Dodge 3500 for a week. Pretty impressive.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:21 PM

ya i just bought a 08 chevy duramax as soon as i get this ford running i am trading it in for a gmc terrian i will never buy a ford again should have learned my lesson the first time i had a ford pickup in 1992
Old 06-02-2010, 09:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

just had the meltdown.

I was wondering what you had to do after the spindle melted odwn. I put it all back together and split the oil cooler cover. What what did you run into?
Old 06-02-2010, 10:34 AM

SELL the truck, all you are going to have is problems, little pieces of plastic are still in the system, they will clog up every where, the engine is shot after you over heat it. my truck has been sitting since november because nobody has figured out why i have no high oil pressure since it died on me again, this truck is a piece of s_it i will never ever buy a ford vehical ever again, i bought a chevy duramax that pulled that piece of crap home from the mountains in upstate new york to jersey like it was a feather, i will stick to my chevys for now learned my lesson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.