Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Throttle/Fuel issue? '06 - 6.0L

1K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Tallday 
#1 ·
Driving home last night at highway speed I hit a bump and the front end went into "death wobble" worse than it ever has. Had to bring the truck down under 30mph to get it under control. After the violent shaking ended I had almost no power and limped the truck home. Couldn't even get up the drive way. This morning I looked at various data from my DashBoss. ICP/IPR/FICM and Turbo all look good. RPM at idle are jumping all over the place from 620 to 850 and extremely rough and noisy. I'm not a mechanic but fairly handy with this truck. I'm stuck on this one however. My first guess was an electrical connector shook loose somewhere but I've gone through all the obvious culprits and haven't seen anything. Open to any ideas or suggestions.....

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Any codes?

Reactions: jokester00
#6 ·
FICM is stable at a constant 47.5-48.0
ICPV is fluctuating from 1.00-1.35V Mostly hovering at +/-1.22.
ICPP is fluctuating from 820-950PSI. Mostly holding around +/-920 PSI.
IPR is mid 30s at first start and creeps up to mid 40s as the engine runs.

Engine Load is generally staying 75-99% which is way above normal.
Mass Fuel Desired and Throttle Position are staying at 0. But Absolute Pedal Position is reading normal on all three sensors.
I've never monitored MFS or TPS before this so I'm not sure where their normal range is. Pedal to the floor in Park gets to about 2200 RPM. In Drive tops out at about 1500 RPM.

#5 ·
Maybe all the shaking worked one of your FICM plugs loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.