Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Another no start hot, but with a twist

570 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Flatty 
#1 ·
Last year I had the dreaded no start hot problem, but the truck would die on me when driving on the freeway. I got a scanguage and ran all the numbers. Found out it was indeed a HPO leak. So I pulled the motor apart and changed absolutely everything you can think of. I finally got it running and it ran fine. Fast forward a few months, and now I am back at square one. Here are my issues:

Starts up fine when cold and runs good. When I am on the freeway, I am getting a slight bucking/jerking when slightly pulling at 55 or so. If the truck downshifts, the jerking goes away. But not only do I get a slight jerking, I get a werid popping sound coming from under the hood. I have been changing the oil every 5k miles (if the truck gets the no start hot, I change the oil and it all get better). So now its happening at 3k miles. The ICP is at 580 at idle, but when I go to start the truck (whe it doesn' want to start) it sits at 300-350. It will build for a while, and eventually gets to starting pressure (sometimes).

When I did te work the first time, I replaced the top seals on the injectors (alliant). I MAY have knicked the seal on the #8 injector, but not sure. Does this sound like it could be an injector issue? If so, will a contribution test tell me if the injector is bad?

I would go out and get a new truck at this point byt someone just hit my wife's car (head on) and we may have to get her a new car now, so its back to the repair and replace place for me.

Thanks
Dima

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.