Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

SEVERE Oil Leak... Any Ideas?

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  m-chan68 
#1 ·
It may not matter, but Ill give a short run down of the current repair history of my truck. Replaced short block at 74,500 miles(first time in shop) Had oil changed at 100,200 miles(not the first since the engine was replaced) AT 101,000 miles the #5 injector goes out. No money to fix so I drove for almost 2,000 miles with a bad injector. Had injector replaced at 102,800 miles on Tuesday. Now I just rolled over to 103,000 and this is what I find. A massive oil leak. Appears to be coming from the drives side towards the rear of the engine. No leaking from near the repaired injector. Oil leaves massive puddle within 5 minutes of shutting down engine. Oil is dripping from the entire undercarriage after driving any distance. Looks like it is coming from pretty high on the engine, ICP sensor maybe? Can't see it clearly. Please if anyone has any ideas let me know. Here are pics of how bad it is.

See less See more
#5 ·
I would personally think if the ICP sensor was leaking that badly, you'd have all sorts of driveability concerns.

#6 ·
That's if it would even start in the first place. This is all assuming the OP has an '03 6.0L.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.