ficm? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 06:31 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ficm?

after having updates do you hear the injectors clearing the oil off .i have had this truck at a ford dealership and they have told me the updates are in the ficm.from what i have read the update is for the injectors to clear the oil for 30 seconds after the truck is shut off.i do not see any stickers veryfing updates.they stuck us for eight injectors with same ill effect cold natured on start up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2009, 06:41 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Yes there is a inductive heating flash. Now if they installed 8 new injectors to repair the hard to start issue that could have been done with the new flash I would seek counsel on that one. If that is what you are saying. JJ
Old 11-12-2009, 07:25 AM

that is exactly what i am saying .so you can hear the injectors when it is turned off.just wanted some ammo to bring to the table when i originally told him to do the update before he starts on anything else.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:48 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bec View Post
that is exactly what i am saying .so you can hear the injectors when it is turned off.just wanted some ammo to bring to the table when i originally told him to do the update before he starts on anything else.
Where exactly did you have this work done? More importantly, WHY were all eight injectors replaced? How did they determine all eight to be faulty?

In answer to your question regarding the "post key-off injector buzz" strategy, that is an OLD calibration that has since been updated with what's called the "inductive heat" calibration.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:03 AM

truck came in with cold start issues.after 15 to 20 minutes of running truck runs fine.they had no way of doing a cylinder contribution test cold .only operating temps.guess it would have been to much work to look at the spill over on the injectors with valve covers off when cold.they suggested replaci ng all eight injectors.the first thing i asked them was about the updates before they go any further.they said it had been done from what they were looking at.no buzz with ignition switch off when you switch it off.thanks for the info.i guess this fcim is way out of date.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:04 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bec View Post
truck came in with cold start issues.after 15 to 20 minutes of running truck runs fine.they had no way of doing a cylinder contribution test cold .only operating temps.guess it would have been to much work to look at the spill over on the injectors with valve covers off when cold.
ARE WE TALKING ABOUT A 6.0L OR A 7.3L? THE RED COLOURED CAPTION HOLDS TRUE ONLY FOR 7.3L. they suggested replaci ng all eight injectors.
BASED ON WHAT?the first thing i asked them was about the updates before they go any further.they said it had been done from what they were looking at.no buzz with ignition switch off when you switch it off.thanks for the info.i guess this fcim is way out of date.
Since you mention FICM, that's what made me assume you are referring to a 6.0L.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-chan68 View Post
And the fact that its posted in the 6.0 Motor problems forum.......

--Snake
Old 11-12-2009, 06:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to troid123
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-chan68 View Post
Dont mean to hi-jack but I have a question for you. I just had my FICM replaced and now when you turn the key before starting, the injectors do not buzz like the used to...Sound normal to you?
Old 11-12-2009, 06:49 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
getting update tommarro hope it fixs my hard start prob
Old 11-12-2009, 07:31 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by troid123 View Post
Dont mean to hi-jack but I have a question for you. I just had my FICM replaced and now when you turn the key before starting, the injectors do not buzz like the used to...Sound normal to you?
Yes, and I'm glad you asked. The most current up-to-date calibration does call for a MUCH quieter injector pre-cycling when the key is first turned to the RUN position just before starting. It bears mentioning that since a FICM replacement madates programming with IDS, it automatically loads the latest and most current calibration file into all three modules (PCM, FICM and TCM).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.