Questions about 6.0 Head Gaskets and ARP Stud Install.opinons greatly appreciated!!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Best way to install head gaskets and arp studs on an 06 6.0
Remove cab from chassis 10 83.33%
Remove engine from chassis 0 0%
Replace Head Gaskets and ARP Studs with motor in the truck 2 16.67%
Other Options (lemme know if yall have other ideas) 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2009, 06:58 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Questions about 6.0 Head Gaskets and ARP Stud Install.opinons greatly appreciated!!!!

iam about to tackle replacing head gaskets, head studs, egr delete, upgraded injectors and turbo install on a 2006 f250 4x4 6.0. ive heard so many different ways about going about the install. ive heard you have to pull the cab, ive heard its easier to pull the motor, and ive even as of late heard its easiest to just do it in the truck. i see alot of members with similar mods to the ones im about to install and it seems alot of yall do your own installs, so which option did yall choose when yall did head gaskets and studs? which would be easier overall, which would be quicker? i have a two post lift in the case that i remove the cab. it just seems like removing the cab would create alot of extra work but my main objective is to go with which ever route would make the job go the smoothest and without problems. so what yall think thanks for any advice yall might have to share in advance i appreciate it
brandon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Hey I did my head gaskets and studs and a few other mods this summer. I did a big write up on it with a bunch of pics. I did it cab on motor in the truck, i removed the ac box. It was very easy. Reminded me of working on a camaro. I had 26 hours into the project start to finish and I installed a new exhaust and a few other little things. It was well worth it and if I get another 6.0 it would be the first thing I did.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:15 PM
Premium Member

Cab Removal

Hello.i am just doin the heads,egr,exhaust and a few other minor updates and i just pulled the cab it took about 2.75 hours to get the cab in the air also have a two post hoist ,without the hoist yes i would have done it with the engine in the body
Old 11-08-2009, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeproc View Post
Hey I did my head gaskets and studs and a few other mods this summer. I did a big write up on it with a bunch of pics. I did it cab on motor in the truck, i removed the ac box. It was very easy. Reminded me of working on a camaro. I had 26 hours into the project start to finish and I installed a new exhaust and a few other little things. It was well worth it and if I get another 6.0 it would be the first thing I did.
i like hearing that it is possible with the motor in the truck as this is the option iam considering at the moment. do you have the link to the write up you did? i would appreciate any information so i can research it before i decide. i just worry about any problems or issues that could occur during/while you remove the cab. the last thing i want is to make a problem that didnt exist before i started the job. thanks again for the response
brandon
Old 11-08-2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaps1964 View Post
Hello.i am just doin the heads,egr,exhaust and a few other minor updates and i just pulled the cab it took about 2.75 hours to get the cab in the air also have a two post hoist ,without the hoist yes i would have done it with the engine in the body
thanks for the reply man wow 2.75 hrs sounds like you made good time removing the cab. how involved is it? what all extra does it require you to remove? is there alot of small things involved that could possibly lead to extra problems or issues with removal? was it your first time removing a cab from one of these trucks cause ive heard anywhere from 3 to 8 hrs to remove one. thanks for the advice snaps do you know of any write ups involving removing the cab?
brandon
Old 11-08-2009, 07:36 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoco281 View Post
thanks for the reply man wow 2.75 hrs sounds like you made good time removing the cab. how involved is it? what all extra does it require you to remove? is there alot of small things involved that could possibly lead to extra problems or issues with removal? was it your first time removing a cab from one of these trucks cause ive heard anywhere from 3 to 8 hrs to remove one. thanks for the advice snaps do you know of any write ups involving removing the cab?
brandon
Sorry no links about that but ya my first time removing cab its is not bad at all just roll up the sleeves and get to it ,goes in a hurry,all the wire connections just unplug three line for brakes to undo,6 cab mount boults ,2 rad support bolts that is on a crew cab truck,alot of small stuff but not a bad job at all,once you get to it i would do it again if i have too.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaps1964 View Post
Sorry no links about that but ya my first time removing cab its is not bad at all just roll up the sleeves and get to it ,goes in a hurry,all the wire connections just unplug three line for brakes to undo,6 cab mount boults ,2 rad support bolts that is on a crew cab truck,alot of small stuff but not a bad job at all,once you get to it i would do it again if i have too.
that is awsome to hear that you did it in 2.5 hours on your first time kinda sways my decision i think lol. did you remove the fenders, and inner fenders and evac the a/c etc? my main concern is damaging anything during removal/installation that would occur doing the job in the truck but the more i read the more strait forward it seems to be.
brandon
Old 11-08-2009, 07:54 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoco281 View Post
that is awsome to hear that you did it in 2.5 hours on your first time kinda sways my decision i think lol. did you remove the fenders, and inner fenders and evac the a/c etc? my main concern is damaging anything during removal/installation that would occur doing the job in the truck but the more i read the more strait forward it seems to be.
brandon
Ya i found it to be a peice of cake to do ,and yes i evac the a/c reomoved the right hand inner fender,that was about all,the rads all came up with the body,the truck hood still on,and the engine really easy to work on after cab is up,may need another person there when puttin cab back down just for alignment and another set of eyes watchin but thinkin that would not be to bad,never got there yet.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Heres a link to my job Head gasket and stud install
Old 11-08-2009, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeproc View Post
Heres a link to my job Head gasket and stud install
thanks for the link i really appreciate all the insite yall are providing its making me feel alot better about tackling this
thanks again
brandon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.