Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

FICM and Injectors - Need advice

892 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  badboyina67 
#1 ·
Hey guys-

Looking for some advice here. I'm in desperate need of having my FICM repaired and installing all new injectors. A little back story, I bought the truck in the spring, got a great deal on it. '06 F-250 6.0L with 162K. I only gave 10K for it. I knew it needed some TLC, but being a Service Advisor and more than capable with wrenches, it's all doable.

About 2 months ago, the IPR went bad. Replaced IPR and ICP, completed cooler delete at that time.

Now I'm struggling because I can't really drive my truck. When it's cold, the FICM shows 30-ish Volts until it warms up. It knocks unbelievably. I've done the Cylinder Contribution Test, and #3 and #7 Injectors fall flat on their face.

So the FICM is coming out to be rebuilt, and I'm just going to do all 8 Injectors, along with Standpipes and Dummy Plugs. Here's where I need help. Can someone please help me understand the oversized nozzles and stuff. I'm going to go with the Warren Diesel Injectors. My truck is basically bone stock, other than the cooler delete. I've heard it's better to do with a bigger nozzle, is that true? They also list a 155CC and a 175CC, not sure what that means. Just looking for some help here. Let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance!!

See less See more
#6 ·
I would normally agree, get the FICM operational and see where you stand in regards to needing those injectors. However if you are tearing into the heads anyway, have at it.

Unlike the modern common-rail diesels the 6.0L HUEI system has two variables that you have to analyze when making the decision on what injectors you are wanting to run with and what the goals of your truck are in the end:

First is the maximum fuel capacity of the injector measured in 1,000 cycles. Stock for reference is 135cc.

Second is the overbore of the nozzle compared to stock measured in a percentage of increase flow.

The question remains what the end power / turbo goals are for your truck to dial in an injector that is going to work, and of course the need for turning to support the new injectors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.