Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

6.0 runs 15 minutes and dies.

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Nrgizer 
#1 ·
I have a 2006 f350 lariat. Truck had a hot no start issue. Stc fitting was flimsy and a dummy plug in the oil rail had a oring almost ate in half.

Just finished putting in sinister headgaskets, arp headstuds, new injector seals, stc delete. Heads were shaved fluxed and tested and the injector cup looked good.

Upon firing it up it purrs like a kitten(After long crank time). As the oil gets warmer (135 degrees) the icp starts to tank until it hits 500psi and then dies. Won't build over 60psi until dead cold again.

Took it back apart and replaced nippple cup seals and replaced #2 injector. Applied 150psi air to hpo system and used a old ipr and close the loop. Left this for 2 days. No pressure loss.

So my issue is I have a huge leak when warm but not cold. Is there something I could be missing? Any good stategies on finding such leak? Or someone else dealt with a similar issue.

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.