Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

What Head Gaskets

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  LHMissions 
#1 ·
Lifted my heads last week my dealer will install whatever i want. I need some opinons on what to go back with, cause I dont wanna go thru this again also what should ask them to do other than fix it:dunno:

#3 ·
They'll install whatever head gasket you want or whatever head studs you want?
I'm not entirely sure about the 6.0s, but I don't think the head gaskets matter too much but the head studs are the important part.

#5 ·
So the factory gasket will work as long as I go back with the arp studs? and should i get them to mill the heads or at least check them, or should they know to do all that?

#9 ·
Were you by any chance asked by the parts person what gaskets you needed?
We have one here that depending on the build date we can have 2 different head gaskets for that trucks year model. One has 12mm dowels the other has 13mm dowels and the only way to know is pull the heads and measure em.

#10 ·
Not sure. My dealer is doin the work and the mechanic said he would install the studs for me while he was in there. I was only wondering if i should use aftermarket gaskets or just let them install new ford gaskets?

#12 ·
I'm having new HG's installed on my truck - I talked to a couple reputable aftermarket Powerstroke mechanics - they all said the Ford head gaskets are fine - their not the problem. The problem is the stock head bolts are where the problem starts. Go with stock HG's from Ford - save yourself the money then spend it on the ARP studs (about $420 depending where you buy them - mine from ebay)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.