Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Powermax no boost after install

3K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  FordGuy62 
#1 ·
Hey guys new to the forum. I just got a powermax turbo for my 05 f350 king ranch. I installed it last night with a EGR delete and when done I test drove and have zero boost. I have a SCT tuner and programmed the EGR out. I don't here any exhaust leaks and have no codes. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

#4 ·
Does the truck have no power or are you just not seeing any boost numbers on the gauge? Did you double check the MAP hose to make sure it was connected and had no breaks? It's pretty common to knock the hose off when working in the area you were in.

#9 ·
The hose runs from the top of the intake manifold to the sensor on the passenger side firewall above the A/C condensor. The factory hose is black. This pic shows a replacement hose.

#11 ·
Hey guys I wanted to thank you again for the information. I removed all the intake pluming and reinstalled but same issue. Also inspected MAP tube and it was good. With the engine running I was going to remove the connector at the turbo but when I touched it the exhaust note changed. Found it to be a poor connection. Truck runs like a champ now!

#12 ·
I'm interested to know if your SCT EGR "off" setting has kept your check engine light turned off? My first SCT X4 was defective, no backlight and wouldn't update the ECM. SCT sent me a new one, got that today and updated it online before using it. Then I set the EGR to "off" and loaded the canned "Performance" tune. The truck runs strong, but the CEL came on. Checked the code and it's EGR low flow detected. Settings on the X4 showed EGR "off". I cleared the code and will see what happens tomorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.