Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Truck Overheating

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  john767 
#1 ·
My truck started overheating a couple days ago. I have a CTS2 and the temps are quickly rising to 220-230 within 10 minutes of driving at 35 mph. I have the BPD air to oil cooler so my oil temps are staying fine. I recently changed the water pump and then the fan clutch but that didn't help. I'm not losing any coolant. My next thought would be the thermostat is stuck closed. Does anyone else have any thoughts on what the problem could be?

#2 ·
The t-stat would be the prime suspect and is fairly easy to check and change.

Don't get a cheap parts store brand. Get a Motocraft or another quality part.

Reactions: SparkyF250
#5 ·
Go Gators! Not their day today unfortunately? But after twelve years I guess it was time to let the Vols win one.

#6 ·
Two days ago I was driving between Knoxville and Nashville and Etc started climbing pretty fast. When it got to 225 I pulled over and called my mech. There was no indication of any problems. He suggested I call AAA get it and me hauled home. After some searching he discovered both springs in the thermostat were broken. It was a Motorcraft, about a year old.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.