Headgasket Leaking - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2006, 04:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Headgasket Leaking

Can a headgasket be leaking bad enough to let air escape between the head and block? My truck sounds like a gasser missing a spark plug only not as loud. I don't think it's an exhaust gasket. Noise gets louder as rpm's come up and goes away until they come back back down to an idle. My wife said it was hard to start before this started today and seemed to be down on power. 03 F-250 6.0 Thanks for the help. Ryan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2006, 05:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Sounds like you've blown your gaskets.....a common occurence on the 6.0L. Time to take it to the dealer (it is still under warranty?)
Old 03-13-2006, 05:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan6.0
Can a headgasket be leaking bad enough to let air escape between the head and block? My truck sounds like a gasser missing a spark plug only not as loud. I don't think it's an exhaust gasket. Noise gets louder as rpm's come up and goes away until they come back back down to an idle. My wife said it was hard to start before this started today and seemed to be down on power. 03 F-250 6.0 Thanks for the help. Ryan
sounds to me like a leaking Y pipe to be honest or if it is a "squeeling" noise you hear as the RPM's come up....it could be a leaking EGR cooler gasket but i would still bet on it being a Y pipe.......either way...i dont think this is anythign to do with your headgaskets.........Marc
Old 03-14-2006, 05:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Truck has been at the dealership for a week now. And all they have said is it needs all four injectors on the left side. I guess it would be too much to ask that they replace all eight so I won't be without my truck next week when the other four die also. Thanks for the replys.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan6.0
Truck has been at the dealership for a week now. And all they have said is it needs all four injectors on the left side. I guess it would be too much to ask that they replace all eight so I won't be without my truck next week when the other four die also. Thanks for the replys.
ford wont allow them to do all eight....if they do...ford wont pay them for the repair....its a catch 22....its not the dealers fault.......they are probably replacing one or two that are good as it is, its rare to have four injectors fail and have them all on the same bank.........Marc
Old 03-14-2006, 05:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I bank 6.0l everytime I replace one. I do this due to the fact Ford only pay to do the job once. It is very common to have a inj. fail on startup after replacing a inj. I did it Fords way till I had to pull one valve cover 4 times for one repair. On start up the next inj. in line would fail. I got payed to do the job one time, NOT FOUR. Yes, I did check fuel pressure. Yes, I did make sure I had fuel in the heads. Diesel repair does not count on your dealers 126 report. It shows but will not bring a audit. Next time your local diesel tech seem alittle short with you, remember he's the one fixing your truck and he may have just worked all day for nothing. Flatrate pay on 6.0l is a joke.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:33 PM
Power Strokeaholic

i thought flate rate was a joke any way.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobadq
Flatrate pay on 6.0l is a joke.
you are not kidding there....on most repairs anyway......gotta love the time for head gasket repair......i can do it lifting the cab...but i would DARE anyone to do one in the cab with me watching and even come close to warranty time....SLTS is a joke and everyone but ford ISNT laughing......but i dont have to tell you.....you just gave me an excuse to vent ......Marc
Old 03-14-2006, 05:36 PM
Power Strokeaholic

breath,marc,breath.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by super_stroke
breath,marc,breath.
i have to remind myself that after every warranty 6.0 job i do bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.