Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Low boost

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Sagacity MFG 
#1 ·
I have a 04 stock 6.0 that is only getting 14lbs of boost at wot. I was getting up to 25lbs at wot but then my bottom boot on cold side blew off. Put it all back together and can't get the boost back up. I've checked the boots and they seem fine. I cleaned the surfaces to make a good seal. My map pressure stays 15 lbs higher than mu boost at all times. I've cleaned the egr valve but that didn't help. Could my egr cooler be getting clogged and cause this effect?

#2 ·
My vote is for a damaged boot or tube if the problem coincided with the blow off. It's an 04 so does it have the aluminum tubes? Any chance it got dented or a flat spot on it from the blow off impact and it isn't sealing well?

#4 ·
could be a stuck vgt, considering the way you describe the symptoms. koer, disconnect and reconnect the vgt solenoid connector. listen for a change of tone in the exhaust each time

#6 ·
is this an early 04?
if so, try disconnecting the batteries for 5 minutes. reconnect. then let idle for at least 20 minutes completely undisturbed.
the vgt may need a recalibration

Reactions: Sock Puppet
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.