Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Silicone Boots

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Slaven131 
#1 ·
Does anyone in here know if there is a kit I can purchase that will replace ALL of the rubber OEM boots in the engine compartment (air intake, and turbo pipes). Is there any benefit to replacing the pipes on the turbo, since I need to replace the boots now? I have looked at the Mishimoto boots, pricy!, any preferences out there as far as the boots, pipes, and maybe intake elbow? I see Sinister has a kit with both pipes and intake elbow for about $500, wanted you alls advice before I buy anything. Thanks a ton.:dunno:

#3 ·
Reactions: darkpassenger
#6 ·
So maybe that kit with the riff raff clamps?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

#7 ·
I doubt it....MAYBE the elbow flows better, and the aluminum pipe vs stock steel might help with heat dissipation but nothing noticeable.

#11 ·
I've noticed no gains with this kit, however the cold side pipe is 10X better than that plastic POS that comes stock with the 6.0

#13 ·
I have riff raff boots and clamps. Very good design and the price is reasonable. No regrets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.